Really? Seat map looking pretty lean *
by rfk (2021-10-20 16:53:57)

In reply to: This is “The” USC game; and can’t give away tickets.  posted by ferndog

This user did not provide content for this post

Will be a lot of no-shows.
by ferndog  (2021-10-20 17:04:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Edit: old roommate in Chicago has 4 for sale, no interest. I have 2 for sale. No interest.

The tickets are “sold”, so the revenue is there. But there will be lots of empty seats

Yup, I know someone selling 2 and no bites. *
by irishsundevil  (2021-10-20 18:55:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What changed for you both? *
by rfk  (2021-10-20 18:42:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I gave 2 away plus a hotel *
by Btd  (2021-10-20 18:16:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just curious what changed for you? *
by rfk  (2021-10-20 18:41:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We aren’t worth making the effort to go in person. We are
by Btd  (2021-10-20 18:47:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not building toward anything this year - arguably any year. I got back my plane ticket cost and rental car and of course avoid the basic costs of being there 2 days. I find it harder and harder to care about being on campus. It does very little for me anymore. The ND I went to barely exists anymore. As my roommate said, it is a 10 minute walk to the edge of what used to be the outside edge of campus.

Bad fans like this certainly help drive ticket prices down *
by Chicagond99  (2021-10-20 19:07:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who is a worse fan?
by El Kabong  (2021-10-20 20:24:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The kind whose acceptance of mediocrity makes it all the more difficult for ND to win a title, or the kind who expects ND to live up to the standard it educated us all to believe was the truth?

The kind that doesn’t bitch about every single thing
by Chicagond99  (2021-10-20 22:32:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Enjoying a decent (but not spectacular) run doesn’t make someone a bad fan. Boycotting going to games because you disagree with a head coach does, IMHO. But hey….to each his or her own.

THIS!!! *
by ndfamily  (2021-10-20 23:01:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Another decent (but not spectacular) run
by El Kabong  (2021-10-20 22:33:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When can we expect to start seeing the spectacular ones?

Or do you believe those aren't possible and you're willing to accept whatever you're given?

They’re harder to attain at ND then many other top programs
by Chicagond99  (2021-10-20 23:28:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I still think we could pull it off if the stars align right. I’ve forever said that I like Kelly, but don’t love him. I like that he has us as a solid top program again. I don’t know if he can take us to the top. But as long as he’s recruiting well and keeping us close, I’m not going to bitch and moan too much. Maybe he’s more of a Richt at Georgia type guy. But you know what? That dude kept Georgia close enough that the next guy could take it to the next level. So if the right guy comes along, I’m fine with moving on from Kelly. I really won’t she’s a tear whenever he or ND moves on. But I hope we don’t move on for the flavor of the month that many here have pined for (guys like Herman, Fleck, Campbell, and ones like that).

Anyway, even with the program in the “not quite elite” position it is now, I think it’s worthy of supporting and going to games when I can. I think that is what a good fan does (or at least what a fan who enjoys ND football does). And that loyalty will make it that much sweeter if we can ever get over the top (with whatever coach that may be).

Keep going, you're almost at Jack Swarbrick bingo
by El Kabong  (2021-10-21 07:11:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The "my loyalty will make things so sweet" pablum is new, I'll have to add it to the card.

I can help you out on one of your questions.
by 2ndstreeter  (2021-10-21 06:49:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Brian Kelly demonstrably can’t and won’t take us to the top. In his case past performance does predict the future. Enjoy the ride though, while you help to enable those who have emasculated what once was a unique and special place.

[crickets] *
by milhouse  (2021-10-20 22:15:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ve been to 3 in person this year. How many have you
by Btd  (2021-10-20 20:11:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

attended so far? The good fans. When you are finished pulling your worthless head out of your ass, feel free to type a reply.

Well, that is solid
by Chicagond99  (2021-10-20 23:36:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’ll take back the bad fan comment (toward you….that should be more directed to the boneheaded boycotting group of people here!), so apologies there. Your attitude still stinks, but I applaud you for going to that many games. This will be three for me as well, but it’s probably easier for me to get to.

You are one of a handful of posters I have highlighted.
by campuszoo  (2021-10-20 23:12:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't realize that you were a bad fan.

Trite morons enable a middling program and poor leaders *
by Rfk  (2021-10-20 20:09:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wimpy Ass reply! *
by ndfamily  (2021-10-20 23:02:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bad fan, no doughnut. *
by mkovac  (2021-10-20 20:06:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is not a problem, but if it is, it is the fans' fault
by ACross  (2021-10-20 20:03:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a ssingle change made, turd laid, or buy game played has had any role.

Some of the changes have actually been good for younger fans
by Chicagond99  (2021-10-20 23:38:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just not for some of the geezers like you.

You really are an ass *
by El Kabong  (2021-10-21 07:38:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Swarbrick stopped caring at “revenue is there” *
by rfk  (2021-10-20 18:06:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post