Thaats bullshit
by Goldhelmethead (2021-10-19 21:11:17)

In reply to: It really isn't bold at all  posted by garbageplate

Thats a cultural stigma you should stop.

Are you familiar with STL’s history?
by Rockbrig97  (2021-10-20 01:47:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s not wrong. It’s all unfortunate, but the STL metro area has done its part to set ESL back going back generations.

My mom grew up in ESL
by ACross  (2021-10-20 09:00:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My grandfather was a cattle broker in the stockyards in National City.

The municipality has historically suffered from dysfunction, terrible corruption, and graft.

There are parents who care in that community and similar others like Washington Park and Venice. We have similar communities in North City and JeffVandeLou and Riverview Gardens etc.

Trinity High School just closed and now there are no Catholic schools north of SLU.

There is a chance that your grandfather and my great
by Jeash  (2021-10-20 10:44:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

grandfather did business. My family operated a smaller stock yard on a rail spur here. My great grandfather would have been considered an order buyer and shipped to the bigger yards I out east or the Midwest. I think most of the stock went to Chicago but I know he sent some to St Louis. I know he sent some there during WWI because they were paying a huge premium there do to some government contracts.

That is unacceptable.
by Goldhelmethead  (2021-10-20 03:44:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The same is true on Chicagos West Side.