Pyne was confident and cocky today.
by irpa (2021-09-25 21:45:22)

That’s a good thing for a QB. ND needs to figure who is the best option between he and Buchner because I doubt either will be content as backup. Kelly better get it right.

I won't get into the QB position but...
by Wass  (2021-09-26 11:10:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I will say that competition is good and players always wanting to get better and play more is a good thing as well

Coan is the starter only because he’s a transfer.
by cincysubdomer  (2021-09-26 09:39:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly probably told him that he’d be the starter before his transfer was finalized. If he wasn’t going to be the starter I doubt he’d be at ND. ND wouldn’t have done much worse with Pyne as the QB all season.

Looks like Wisconsin would have been better with Coan.
by ndlp  (2021-09-26 10:12:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He had led them to the Rose Bowl in 2019. Wisconsin's Mertz replaced Coan after Coan was injured for all of 2020. It was a rough day for both of them yesterday.
Will Pyne's success be another Wally Pipp like story?

Pyne reminded me of a young and upcoming Baker Mayfield
by Frank Drebin  (2021-09-26 08:02:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So far so good. Time will tell

A smart, gritty player, a bit like Larry Bird or Mccaffrey *
by inigomontoya  (2021-09-26 09:25:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I liked the mouthpiece just hanging halfway out.
by IRISHPRIDE09  (2021-09-26 07:54:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reminded me a kid just having fun in a backyard game of football.

Didn't look daunted at all. You can't coach that. (Have
by sorin69  (2021-09-26 06:49:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

never forgotten that poor 5 star 6'5" qb who had the deer in the headlights look. All the measurables. But he didn't have the attitude.)

He dominated the FCIAC (except St. Joe's)
by rvaughn  (2021-09-25 23:39:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

throwing to midget receivers. He's been groomed for this job for years. Coan is Tommy Rees 2.0. His sole attribute is he doesn't turn the ball over.

Boy are you going to be mad next week
by cujays96  (2021-09-25 22:15:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know Coan will start next week. I don’t agree with it.
by irpa  (2021-09-25 22:48:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am glad he is on the roster but should be an experienced back up or 3rd string option.