No, you're wrong.
by Pghdomer (2021-09-25 16:41:36)

In reply to: Bunch sad fans are on here...  posted by NDVirginian

That was a shitty win.

The score in no way reflected the quality of the play.

I'm happy we won - but this is NOT one to hang our hat on.

I'll hang my hat on our defense today
by Lloyd braun  (2021-09-25 18:55:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We won a game that most thought we wouldn't and the defense played very well. It's a hell of a lot better than lamenting a loss.

I'd say the defense was passable, wouldn't you? *
by Kbyrnes  (2021-09-25 17:30:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At the gsme I was talking to an OSU fan who was with
by 1978Irish  (2021-09-25 17:16:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his Wife from Wisc. In the 1st half He said that he felt like he was watching the same team play itself. Both QBs were uncomfortable in the pocket. Neither team could run the ball. Both defenses were good. I agree.

ND’s defense and special teams came up big in the second half and the QB change gave ND a boost.

It is progress, but Wisconsin is an 8-4 team at best. I am pleasantly surprised this week, but we have a ways to go to be a good team.

It was a sh***y win
by BIG MAC  (2021-09-25 17:01:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because of our pathetic offensive line play. Kelly is repeating the mistake he made with BVG with Quinn.

Agree* *
by TJR  (2021-09-25 17:34:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why do you even watch the games?
by 01momanor  (2021-09-25 17:00:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seriously, a four touchdown neutral site win against a top 25 team makes you miserable? Why do you torture yourself?

I'll hang my hat on this one *
by Revue Party  (2021-09-25 16:59:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At last check…
by irishdemon  (2021-09-25 16:58:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A football team consists of offense, defense and special teams - and ND was pretty fucking good in two of the three today. They won the game 41-13. Their 3rd strong quarterback looked pretty damn good in firing a 4th quarter touchdown strike.

Why don’t you take the rest of the afternoon off.

Jesus H. Christ.

Oh good grief
by kmurphy173  (2021-09-25 16:54:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Was it a prefect game? Of course not. But if you can’t have some joy in beating a ranked team as an underdog by 28 regardless of non-conventional it may have been, then why even bother?

Of course this game doesn’t change the fact Kelly will never win a championship at ND, and in no way is ND close to Alabama or Georgia - both continue to be issues affecting the program. But please give it a rest for a bit instead of coming on here and posting multiple times about how crappy the win was.

I doubt any past ND coaches would win in this era with the
by Wishbone25  (2021-09-25 16:58:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

South and especially Alabama as dominant as they are. Knowing ND has a chance on 90% of fall Saturdays isn’t too bad

This is a ridiculous statement.
by SorinBasement  (2021-09-26 08:12:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We were 4-0 against Bear Bryant. The Texas team we destroyed in the 1978 Cotton Bowl to win the 1977 National Championship was as good or better than the southern teams that have demolished us in recent postseason games. Holtz beat powerhouse teams with regularity. When Rockne and Leahy coached, we were that team that no one could touch.

I disagree.
by revressbo  (2021-09-25 17:55:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean, obviously, we can’t know if the literal cloned Knute Rockne would be able to do it because the game has changed, but I think Saban or Meyer would win at least one championship at ND. And our coaches of the past were the Sabans/Meyers of their respective eras.

No ND coaches should be compared to Saban *
by Wishbone25  (2021-09-25 17:57:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don’t follow.
by revressbo  (2021-09-25 18:00:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you saying Rockne or Leahy weren’t on Saban’s level? I mean, he does have more championships, but they’re all in the same ballpark.

Saban is the Tom Brady of coaches now
by Wishbone25  (2021-09-25 19:12:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s in his own class

He's overrated and over hyped?
by ravenium  (2021-09-25 21:47:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He benefits from always having a fantastic o line and coaching?

No, I don't think Saban is.

I make joke.

No, don't settle.
by BIG MAC  (2021-09-25 17:08:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Its clear to me that ND is just one outstanding OL coach away from a National Championship. Seriously, we aren't that far, just need an excellent OL coach ASAP.

We had a top 5 OL last year
by AquinasDomer  (2021-09-25 18:39:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With the same coach. It's not X's and O's it's Jimmies and Joes

He’s right
by JBrock18  (2021-09-25 16:52:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was a good win. All 3 phases count and the defense and special teams made plays. The fact that the 3rd string QB was ready to play competently is a credit to Kelly and Rees. This was a well coached game and a solid win. Wisconsin isn’t a great team and is coached by an idiot but as a 6.5 point underdog (which made no sense) it’s a good win. Does it mean Kelly is a great coach and this is a really good team, no. But I’ll give credit where it’s due. The defense was tremendous and Kelly had Pyne ready to play. That’s good coaching.

If you can’t enjoy scoring 31 points in the 4Q, perhaps,
by cujays96  (2021-09-25 16:58:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you should question whether you enjoy football.

I see all the warts on this team but I was cheering loudly while Tyree was running that kick back.

Wow..
by NDVirginian  (2021-09-25 16:45:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

3rd string QB, 3rd string LT, great defense.Huge win. If you want to watch what you call a good win, watch Bama I guess.

Was your beat down in RR not enough?
by cujays96  (2021-09-25 16:45:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Both of you should take a breath and enjoy the moment.

Plenty of time to dissect this tomorrow.

Word. I have a 24 hr rule. Celebrate the win for 24 hours
by 84david  (2021-09-25 16:59:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

then breakdown what needs to be fixed on sunday afternoon. It’s good for
my old man ticker.

+1 *
by Voisman  (2021-09-25 17:01:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post