You mean highly ranked receivers like Jordan Johnson?
by njnd96 (2021-09-09 06:41:15)

In reply to: sure, WR recruiting needs to improve  posted by vivaflanner

Whoops.

No, losing Keys isn't an inflection point in itself. However, this is a position that's been a bit of a black hole for a number of years. Having essentially 2-3 memorable players in the last 10 years isn't cutting it.

Johnson didnt play in UCFs opener
by vivaflanner  (2021-09-09 16:28:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

maybe he's hurt or maybe he isnt that good. Listed as 2nd or 3rd team.

Here's a list/update of all NDs transfers. With a few exceptions, they arent taking the football world by storm. Michael Young appears to be doing well. He did play as a freshman at ND, as it happens. He likely would be playing at ND this year too, so that's a loss. None of the other transferred receivers are doing much so far.

https://www.ndinsider.com/story/sports/football/2021/09/03/tracking-qb-phil-jurkovec-and-notre-dame-footballs-27-other-transfers/5716289001/

No doubt ND needs better receiver recruiting but my point remains, the fact that Lawrence Keys transferring is not worthy of the teeth gnashing on this thread.

But, he was highly rated, as were other WR prospects
by njnd96  (2021-09-10 07:36:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The fact that they haven't produced highlights a problem with talent evaluation at the WR position.

Off the top of my head
by pmcdnd96  (2021-09-09 12:04:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I find Michael Floyd, Theo Riddick, TJ Jones, Will Fuller, Chase Claypool, Miles Boykin, and EQ St. Brown pretty memorable. (And that's limiting the discussion to WRs and not including tight ends.)

I think "black hole" is a bit of an overstatement

FWIW, he had 0 catches against Boise State last week. *
by VaDblDmr  (2021-09-09 09:22:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post