Not a popular position. I know I’ll get trashed.
by LAW83 (2021-09-06 17:49:16)

In reply to: And the bullsh*t begins....  posted by Jvan

Irish won. End of day, they won. Betting line was 7 and a half. They win by 3. The disdain for Brian on this board is real. There’s only one Saban. Whoever was person behind curtain didn’t want Saban, or was pleased with team’s current success.
It wasn’t pretty. It was ugly .
However, they won.

BVG. UNC game. We won a shootout. That’s why this matters
by BTD  (2021-09-06 20:33:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Your post is identical to what some said after that game. No. That game showed us the truth about his scheme and every single game after that was a disaster.

If the posts on his scheme tonight are true - we have BVG 2 now. Our only hope is Kelly steps in ASAP to force him to modify before we collapse. Also that maybe freeman has enough smarts to modify on his own.

You may be right, we also didn't know where FSU
by G.K.Chesterton  (2021-09-06 21:51:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

stands this year.

Maybe they rallied around Bobby Bowden and played their best game of the season and will be under .500 like last year. Or maybe they will reel off a bunch of wins and this game will suddenly look better.

It's just too early to say.

See South Florida, Georgia Tech openers. *
by locolobo  (2021-09-07 02:12:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

True - but history shows we can’t just brush this aside
by Btd  (2021-09-06 22:15:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m praying it is a one off - but the report from jvan is an extremely bad indicator. What we do know is we played certified great offenses last year in Clemson and Bama and didn’t give up as many points in regulation nor as many long plays. There are good reasons to be very concerned.

Half of the teams that played this weekend won *
by DakotaDomer  (2021-09-06 19:59:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sounds like Springfield's got a discipline problem.
by ndmaqi  (2021-09-06 21:32:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe that's why we beat them at football nearly half the time!

Kind of missing the issue here.
by tdiddy07  (2021-09-06 19:18:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If kelly said they were hoping to have a more complete performance and they know there’s a lot of work to do but he’s proud of gutting one out, we wouldn’t be blasting him for bringing the attention front and center on his players not doing the things he always prepares him to do.

I’m not offended by the joke. I’m offended that his reaction was to blame the players to start of his interview, regardless of whether he was doing it in an attempt at an unfunny joke.

You’re right
by goirish89  (2021-09-06 18:57:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a popular opinion

Just win baby! *
by jt  (2021-09-06 18:18:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly and Swarbrick have built a program and facilities that
by Nyirish08  (2021-09-06 18:02:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Will be very appealing to the next head coach/ad combo.

That is the extent of my praise.

Agreed. The program is in the best shape in many
by johnnysalami  (2021-09-06 18:51:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

years. Hopefully we can land the right coach and AD next go around. Until then let's just hope the embarrassment is kept to a minimum. Sadly.

Including insatiable demand for game tix? *
by rfk  (2021-09-06 20:07:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

While I understand the sentiment
by Nyirish08  (2021-09-06 20:13:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's an issue that's beyond ND.

Attendance for everything is down at an aggressive level.

Next HC: Tommy.
by Brahms  (2021-09-06 18:55:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You know Kelly is Jonesing for it.

Then Kelly can boast about his coaching twig. *
by ArasEra  (2021-09-06 21:39:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wider than it is long. Like a can of tuna. *
by tar  (2021-09-07 09:10:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That’s true. I’m fortunate enough to have had a personal …
by LAW83  (2021-09-06 18:15:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

tour from players dressing room; field ; The Million dollar tent; to private boxes including Jack’s . Extremely impressive.
Again, they won .

It’s true they did prevail. They also revealed serious flaws
by 2ndstreeter  (2021-09-06 19:02:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the field, on the sideline and up in the booth. All wins are not equal and if they don’t fix some of the negatives we won’t be saying, “in the end they won” nearly as much as we should this season. Not enough data to judge either team in a reasonable context, but there were enough head scratching negatives on our side to be quite concerned. Kelly made it worse with his comments post game on the field and in the pressed.

Is it just me?
by BIG MAC  (2021-09-06 19:25:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or do we seem to look bad in openers win or lose. Really, my expectations were kind of low. Hoped we would blow them out, but happy to escape with a win.

Not like Penn State or Michigan…
by MR_IRISH  (2021-09-06 17:52:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I could never be unhappy winning at Florida State

Cesspool program