I blame Freeman
by Brahms (2021-09-02 14:54:32)

In reply to: Cooper Flanagan, 4* TE from De La Salle, has committed  posted by mocopdx

(so to speak).

Nice get.

Noticeable uptick in commits and also social media presence
by 105Marquette  (2021-09-02 15:06:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seeing ND football recruiting everywhere on Twitter.

Makes me wonder if Freeman was at least partially motivated by, "If I'm the coach-in-waiting, I'm going to make damn sure I've got a stocked pantry to start with."

my 2 cents
by DavidAddison  (2021-09-02 15:33:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Having Freeman certainly doesn't hurt, but likely had very little to do with a stud TE selecting ND. Seems like the one position (even more than OL) where we are pretty much taking our pick of those the program deems a fit.

For this commitment alone, I agree, but
by mocopdx  (2021-09-02 15:58:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There is certainly a noticeable difference in effort across the board, which would jive with the rumors/reports we've heard about Freeman putting pressure on the entire staff(not just defensive) to get their shit together and start recruiting like the big boys do.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the possibility of him being head-coach-in-waiting. I think it's more likely that he is a driven coordinator who wants to win at the highest level, no matter what it means for his future head coaching potential. Whatever it is, it is refreshing to see the staff kick it into high gear and see results from it. We aren't quite Alabama in the recruiting world yet, but we're getting closer to them than we were the previous decade.

I am seeing a lot more effort.
by BIG MAC  (2021-09-02 19:57:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that's always a good thing.