Delta has been documented to pass through casual outdoor
by MarkinSeattle (2021-08-27 15:34:20)

In reply to: My issue isn't with the mask piece of this  posted by Siegfried08

contact, with as little exposure as someone walking by on a sidewalk. Not sure why you wouldn’t take the safest approach, especially in a stadium environment where you are less than 12” away from people all around you.

Can we get a citation on that one?
by ravenium  (2021-08-28 01:18:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't wish to start a fight, but I've never seen 'passing by on the sidewalk' as a viral load level.

That said, I won't shame anyone for doing more than the required/mandated protection. It's the people who do less who are the problem.

Where do they come up with this crap
by airborneirish  (2021-09-02 00:58:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is the junk that caused Chicago to close parks and the lake front on spring of 2020. It’s non sense. I give up. Nd should close for a year. The crazies are right. Back to remote.

Our players should play Xbox against other teams.

Seconded.
by skeptic  (2021-08-28 14:21:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Delta is more transmissible, but I have not seen anyone suggest this level of risk. Roughly two times in comparison to previous strains seems to be the common assertion, even on the CDC website. If you have better stats, please provide them.

The real question for me is when we are going to stop insisting on trying to protect people that refuse to protect themselves. COVID is out there and it is never going away. At some level, transmission among those who are at low risk of complications, who have been vaccinated (breakthrough infections), and those who assume and accept the risk simply accelerates the inevitable. If hospitals in northern Indiana were being overwhelmed, that would be one thing, but I don’t believe that is true. In the meantime, people who have individual concerns can certainly wear masks or simply stay home.

I am still astounded by tales I hear at work of colleagues who still have not traveled or eaten at a restaurant or seen a movie or attended a baseball game in almost 18 months. I began taking these “risks” again about 16 months ago and have not looked back. Not sure why it is still everyone else’s business now that the vaccines are not only readily available, but in many cases reimbursed in handsome ways. Baseball stadiums have been packed all summer long and I am familiar with no data to implicate them as “super-spreader” events. If MLB can treat its patrons as adults with their own discretion and autonomy, why can’t Notre Dame?

thirded *
by lurker  (2021-08-28 21:09:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No issues with folks who wish to go that route
by Siegfried08  (2021-08-27 15:39:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was at an MLB game this weekend and we were maskless for the most part, but did wear one for a bit when at our seats surrounded by a lot of people we don't know. If you're vaccinated, I wouldn't judge you one way or another re: mask wearing.

This wasn't meant to be a commentary on masks, though. My issue, as I think I've made clear by now, is with the lack of cojones shown by the admin in failing to enact a vaccination policy that, and this bears repeating, even LSU enacted.