It would be such a BK thing to do to lose to them
by Santos L Halper (2021-08-23 10:43:08)

In reply to: This will not be an easy game for ND.  posted by cincysubdomer

and give UC a signature win

I don't know, I think ND will win given UC's talent shortage
by MrE  (2021-08-23 12:50:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND has been taking care of clearly-inferior opponents in recent years (albeit a couple of close scares).

Cincinnati doesn't have the talent. They have 1 or 2 good defensive players and supposedly a star QB. But that QB has struggled against real competition. Michael Young is a 5th year starting WR on that team. Take that for what it's worth.

UC's senior and junior classes were ranked #49 and #66.

We return 3 starters on offense. This whole season is going
by milhouse  (2021-08-23 14:37:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to be touch and go, if I had to guess.

We have at least 7 that have started a game before
by btd  (2021-08-23 17:16:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lugg, Patterson, Patterson's replacement whose name escapes me right now, Mayer, Williams, Coan (we can't ignore his WI days), Madden (same here -- not a deer in the headlights).

I suspect the first 3-4 games the O will have a number of issues -- but after that I fully expect us to have the same basic O capability we've had for several years running under Kelly. In short, one that can score when we can out talent teams and one that struggles against teams with the same of similar level of talent as we have.