Quick question about pep rallies
by Albatross (2021-08-22 19:00:28)
Edited on 2021-08-22 19:03:03

Are the friday home game pep rallies always at the same time of the day? And non alums are welcome also right? I may be coming in on Friday late afternoon. I don't want to book a room for Friday for pep rally and miss it before I got into town. I'm coming in for USC game

They've also been held outdoors on South Quad near The Rock
by NDoggie78  (2021-08-24 11:09:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also outdoors at Library Quad, and Eddie Street Commons.
They've also been held indoors at Compton Family hockey arena and JACC
6:00 pm on Fridays seems to be usual start time.

Also in the recent past they've handed out tickets (free)...
by pmoose  (2021-08-23 08:06:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...to get into pep rallies if it is in the JACC. On it's face it's not a problem, but the tickets are distributed mid-afternoon on Friday (I want to say 3 or 4 PM). Not sure if this is still being done (or if all pep rallies are now in the stadium) as I haven't been to a pep rally in years. However, just wanted to put that out there in case they do put the rallies in the JACC as another thing to look into... My guess is they'll be in the stadium due to concerns about COVID (if they happen at all).

The old Fieldhouse. *
by Barney68  (2021-08-23 02:44:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

. . . and only the Old Fieldhouse! *
by other_guy  (2021-08-23 11:14:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a kid attending these rallies, we would toss
by Indy77  (2021-08-23 10:21:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

rolls of toilet paper into the tubas. Then they got smart and put mesh screens on the tubas.

Those rallies were quite memorable

'68 PU rally remains etched in my memory...
by Scoop80  (2021-08-23 11:12:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hot, sweaty, loud, crowded, and a little off-color to boot. "Screw Purdue!" was the cheer of choice. At age 10, I didn't know why my father wouldn't let me join in that cheer. Pat O'Brien did his "Win One for the Gipper" routine and brought down the house.

The '77 USC rally (my soph year) also remains etched in my memory, but it's the only subsequent 1 I ever attended that approached that kind of passion and intensity.

Check 2 night minimums at hotels as well.
by Frito  (2021-08-22 22:01:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That might change your travel plans, as many hotels make you book Friday and Saturday nights.

I have seen no announcement on pep rallies for 2021 (link)
by backroads  (2021-08-22 21:24:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would not assume they will be held. If they are, one suspects they will be outdoors rather than in the Purcell Pavilion. The ND Game Day site for Football Fridays is linked and says “Information coming soon”. But my recollection is 6 pm and open to all historically.

Ok thank you *
by Albatross  (2021-08-22 21:37:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post