Four team playoff stays for the short term
by jtnd05 (2021-08-20 12:02:53)

In reply to: good news? *  posted by fourputtmd

That is a positive for ND. Long term is unknown, but this is likely very bad for the Big 12.

Bad for 8 teams left in Big12 is the only thing you can take
by Domerduck  (2021-08-20 14:47:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

away from this right now. My guess the aim here is to protect or improve the situation for the current 41 teams in the Big10, PAC12, & the ACC (including ND) as they compare to the 16 SEC teams. That leverage across all sports is pretty phenomenal.

Those 8 teams left in the Big12 are in trouble. I can see Kansas trying to follow suit like Gonzaga to focus on bball primarily. The other programs will be lucky to keep the "Big 8" on par with the AAC and Mountain West.

What about the bottom dwellers in the SEC?
by Radgo75  (2021-08-20 16:00:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Teams like Vandy, Arkansas, Kentucky, Ole Miss and Mizzou are not going to be able to keep up in a semi-pro football league. Kentucky would face the same basketball dilemma as the Jayhawks.

I assume at some point the SEC will deep 6 some teams
by 1978Irish  (2021-08-21 14:54:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But so far it hasn’t.

Teams like Kentucky, Vanderbilt, etc. aren't keeping
by NDAtty  (2021-08-21 08:02:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

up now.

I agree with your list with the exception of Mizzou.
by Sluredandstumbly  (2021-08-20 17:58:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They went to the SEC Championship their first 2 years in the league, and their new coach (Drinkwitz) is already making some waves in the recruiting trail. I think he’s the real deal, and that Mizzou will be a team the SEC opponents don’t want to face again very soon.