It sure sounds like this year hinges greatly on the OL
by mocopdx (2021-08-12 16:06:22)
Edited on 2021-08-12 17:21:49

At least from early practice reports, which, granted, are often fluff and not indicative of the upcoming year.

It sounds like the skill talent has been a pleasant surprise thus far, especially WRs. I'll believe it when I see it. More importantly, I'll believe Rees' ability to call a great offense when I see it.

The defense seems to have a high ceiling and a decently high floor. As JVan mentioned yesterday, the DBs' ability to play man is huge. The front seven is deep and talented. There is a lot to like there.

Coan(who is starting, no matter what BK said today about being close to figuring it out) looks strong, albeit not a superstar. I gather his arm may be stronger than we anticipated or had heard.

That leaves a young and inexperienced OL. I don't know enough about this stuff to comment on it, but it sounds like it could be rough in the first few games. The good news is that they'll have time to gel before the hardest part of the schedule. The other good news is there is a good amount of talent here. Get past FSU and hopefully they can build some confidence against Toledo and Purdue before taking on Wisconsin.

Replies: