ND athletes taking advantage of the new NIL policy
by 105Marquette (2021-07-01 09:25:09)

"Notre Dame student-athletes Sam Brunelle, Kyle Hamilton & Kyren Williams have announced they have joined @yokegaming, an app started by former NDFB walk-on Mick Assaf & TE Nic Weishar Fans can now pay to play video games with them and other collegiate/professional athletes."

Cameo Calls
by TWO  (2021-07-01 14:43:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Never heard of this but there are a ton of celebrities including ND Athletes, none from current roster...YET. But I'd rather do this than play video games with random fans.

IanBook is 100$ per call.

Brandon Wimbush co-founded a startup to manage NIL
by carroll2005  (2021-07-01 13:19:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It sounds like basically an app that can partner up athletes with opportunities, as well as give athletes an estimated worth for their time/image based on market data.

Co-founded with another ND grad. Nice writeup on The Athletic about it

Wimbush seems like a guy destined for success
by mocopdx  (2021-07-01 13:35:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't know what he'll end up doing, but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Hard worker, positive attitude, driven, friendly. He's the poster child for why elite recruits should consider the idea of 4 for 40. I can almost guarantee he'll have better connections/knowledge for whatever he wants to achieve in life than had he gone to Penn State.

How much can one really make...is there really a demand *
by fourputtmd  (2021-07-01 12:04:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

These girls will make bundles (link)
by Fresnodomer  (2021-07-01 16:40:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So some female college athletes are going to make a
by 1978Irish  (2021-07-02 12:51:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

lot of money by becoming “Instagram models”?

Skylar would have made a fortune when she was at ND.

For Olivia Dunne it could be a decent amount of money
by NDFanSince81  (2021-07-01 13:21:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure this is going to a situation where the revenue sports are necessarily the ones raking in the NIL money. Social media is a big disrupter, and a compelling personal story or other assets (c.f., Olivia Dunne, link below) can attract a lot of eyes, too.

In fact, exactly who is going to be the big winner in the NIL sweepstakes? It's hard to imagine some CFB lineman from Iowa is going to be a more compelling than the social media savvy alternatives.

Sounds like a part time job.
by TWO  (2021-07-01 11:38:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And I wonder how fast they'll get tired of having to play fans at various video games.

Also better plan for their Quarterly Estimated Tax payments
by hibernianangst  (2021-07-01 11:44:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are going to love paying Self Employment Tax.

I hope they get more than NIL *
by Irishbuzz  (2021-07-01 10:30:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

POTD! *
by Frank Drebin  (2021-07-01 11:06:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post