Freeman won’t be here long *
by GolfJunkie17 (2021-06-30 07:44:15)

In reply to: Brenan Vernon just committed. 5-star DE from Ohio for ‘23  posted by NavyJoe

This user did not provide content for this post

Ran into his brother this spring at a HS football event
by NDTommie  (2021-06-30 11:13:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Said he has always dreamed of being at ND. Never even considered LSU when those reports were flying around, wasn’t even a question. Deep family ties in the Midwest that are important to him. Obviously he is an OSU guy, but seemed like ND was his goal for a long time. We’ll see what kind of HC offers he continues to get, but I think he could be happy in South Bend for a bit.

If Freeman is a 2-year guy for ND.
by MrE  (2021-06-30 10:11:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he can impact ND's program in a few ways, in order of impact/importance:

1) Win a national championship.

2) Elevate - significantly - the defensive talent on the roster via the 2022 and 2023 recruiting classes (looks like he is doing this already at LB and DL...CB/S not so much). You could argue he could also help elevate offensive recruiting via positive peer pressure dynamics.

3) Elevate - significantly - the talent at LB, his position group, via the 2022 and 2023 recruiting class. The least impactful result of the three, and basically a subset of 2) above.

Why do you say that? I tend to think he may be
by Endthecursein05  (2021-06-30 08:18:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

here a long time. If successful here, why doesn't he replace BK one day?