Why are you making so many excuses?
by DakotaDomer (2021-05-27 16:56:01)

In reply to: Which of the top programs do it better?  posted by JBrock18

Why on earth would the acc affiliation not be part of our scheduling calculation? And we are independent for a reason - it’s to create better games for our ND Nation which is how we built this program in the first place.

Did we play Stanford last year? Did we play them every year Jon Elway was there? Why are they locked in?

And you seem to be advocating a lot for a diluted, shitty home schedule. Mostly by pointing out the awfulness of other team’s home schedules (and they are indeed awful) - and stating the business line about how we shouldn’t have a strong schedule because people will buy the tickets anyways. Is that a brag worthy accomplishment? Is that how leaders behave? Put out the shittiest product that someone will still buy?

I’m not making excuses I’m telling you what the reality is
by JBrock18  (2021-05-27 17:03:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can’t seem to grasp it. I didn’t make the decision to join the ACC or to lock in Stanford and Navy every year. I’d prefer to play a big game every week as a fan. It’s fun. But as a former D2 college football player I realize that isn’t possibly sustainable physically or mentally for the players or coaches. Have a nice night, you seem stressed.

If you make those decisions
by DakotaDomer  (2021-05-27 22:22:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You have to design the rest of your schedule to aggressively make up for the shit you’re locked into.

You also don’t have to make those decisions in the first place so you can’t use them as an excuse.

Last season’s schedule had an excuse...all the rest are on us...otherwise what is the point of independence?

The point is that this year’s home schedule
by Chicagond99  (2021-05-27 23:09:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is actually going to most likely be decent. You argued that it was shitty, but it’s not. A couple good warmup games. 3 probable preseason top 15 teams after that. A shitty game against Navy that I’d love to drop from the schedule (but we can’t), and a mediocre G Tech game. Even our road slate traditionally would be fairly good, but isn’t that great now because of some under performing teams (@FSU is normally tier 1, and @V Tech and @Stanford are normally good tier 2s, with a neutral Wisconsin game always a very good one).

All in all, it’s not a bad full slate if you want to make a playoff run. It’s not the toughest gauntlet ever, but it’s not a bunch of cupcakes.