Screw smartphones
by ndtnguy (2021-05-18 17:36:17)

In reply to: No more printed tickets for ND Stadium - it's all mobile.  posted by G.K.Chesterton

And the tiny-minded, technocratic nonsense peddled by people who have nothing better to do with their lives than think up another reason for you to need one everywhere and constantly use it for things other than making phone calls.

And for the last time--you kids get off my lawn!! *
by goirish89  (2021-05-19 16:19:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I assume they are upgrading the stadium with fast recharging
by Raoul  (2021-05-18 23:57:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

stations.

Power may be the hottest commodity in the parking lots.

Power is a huge deal. No wifi in parking lot was oversight
by gregmorrissey  (2021-05-19 11:12:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because the cellular network is typically overloaded about an hour or two before game time until an hour or two after the game, your phone battery drains extremely quickly as it's constantly searching for a signal.

And just a psa, they upgraded the stadium wifi network during the remodel, and it works pretty well so join the network if trying to get a signal. Of course, they didn't extend the wifi network throughout the parking lots for reasons that I don't really understand.

Is there a Musco Lights equivalent of WiFi? Portable mass
by Raoul  (2021-05-19 13:54:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

wifi blaster that can deal with game days and handle all those phones?

Cell phone companies often install extra antennas
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2021-05-19 15:49:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For events with large crowds who will be using their phones.