Latest on the secondary
by Jvan (2021-04-25 16:17:31)

Clarence Lewis is continuing to perform well this spring and should solidify one corner spot. Tariq Bracy may be the answer to the slot corner / nickel position. The other corner spot is a battle between Cam Hart and Ramon Henderson. Both are over six feet with good speed. They have emerged from the pack this spring, at least enough to get the most first team reps.

Safety is still a puzzle. Of course, free safety Kyle Hamilton is sidelined while he recovers from his ankle injury. He'll be back at 100% this summer. Neither DJ Brown nor Houston Griffith has set the world on fire at the strong safety position. There's still time, though. The coaches will give incoming freshman Khari Gee a look when he arrives.

This could also be an area where Kelly shops in the transfer portal.

When practice concludes next month and the semester ends, it's possible that there will be a couple of transfers out. Most likely areas are DB, OL and WR. This is my opinion only - I have no specific names in mind.

player status
by BRIAN1956  (2021-04-27 08:31:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

any info on Hunter Spears ?

Hunter? Damn near killed her *
by jt  (2021-04-27 15:01:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. He still has an awesome moniker *
by drmurray  (2021-04-27 12:05:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Injured, not practicing all spring *
by DukeSinatra  (2021-04-27 08:47:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks! *
by JMAC76  (2021-04-26 13:35:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any news on KJ Wallace
by buffaloirish  (2021-04-26 09:14:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Have you heard anything about Wallace? Last year, I remember reading some favorable reports from practices/scrimmages, but I don't think he played much or at all. If I recall correctly, reports were that he might be a good slot corner, and was very physical for his size.

My sister taught him literature in high school, and has told me that he's a fantastic kid.

The starter at slot corner as of now *
by DukeSinatra  (2021-04-27 07:47:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's also doing well
by Jvan  (2021-04-26 11:51:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for asking about KJ. I forgot to mention him, but he's definitely in the mix at corner and safety. He's highly regarded.

Just three guys who deserve any conversation at safety...
by Raoul  (2021-04-25 20:09:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that is scary.

That's three guys besides Hamilton
by BillShakespeare  (2021-04-26 12:26:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With an All-American manning one of the two spots, I don't know that having three viable candidates to take the other starting slot is an especially scary position to be in.

Three viable candidates
by MrE  (2021-04-26 12:54:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I guess it depends on one's definition of "viable."

Saw Cam Hart’s pic on the wall at my daughter’s new HS.
by Giggity_Giggity  (2021-04-25 19:22:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go Good Counsel Falcons!

Thanks for the report. *
by oneill3b  (2021-04-25 18:06:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Could Pryor get back in SS mix? *
by irishdoc01  (2021-04-25 16:41:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He's strictly a rover *
by DukeSinatra  (2021-04-27 08:47:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He hasn't lined up there this spring to my knowledge
by Jvan  (2021-04-25 17:34:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to say what will happen in August.