More on this
by mr.natural (2021-03-14 12:45:15)

In reply to: The guys on the One Foot Down podcast said something  posted by The Holtz Room

Wouldn't surprise me if ND is already working on this. I saw
by VaDblDmr  (2021-03-14 14:33:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for example that Lou Nanni was one of the donors to the gofundme.

I want to see and learn more information
by jt  (2021-03-14 14:23:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but this article is ridiculous.

This line in particular jumps out at me, though there are several others as well. I cannot take this author seriously.

"Those who know him believe that version of Hoyte was stifled because of damage caused by football, so the onus is on Notre Dame to pay the price to help."

Well, personally I feel like this version of me has been stifled due to watching ND football, so the onus should be on Notre Dame to pay the price to help me out.

Agreed but he did include some links that you can follow.
by mr.natural  (2021-03-14 15:52:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It’s an opinion piece saying that ND owes something to its former players who may be suffering football related head trauma. Author is probably an anti-ND person. I’m sure ND disagrees.

I certainly empathize with your assertion of viewing-related trauma and will sign up if you get a class action going.

I think that I've been pretty consistent with my stance
by jt  (2021-03-14 16:35:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as it relates to the NCAA and it's member institutions and their selfishness as it relates to these types of issues. I definitely side with the players on these issues and I absolutely believe that the NCAA/minor league football cabal has responsibilities to it's players (as does the NFL, mind you).

That said, there is no clear link between football and the issues that Brandon appears to be suffering from based on the information provided. If someone has additional facts to consider, I want to hear them. Until then, this sort of article comes off as hysterical.

Just to clarify, you mean it’s ridiculous because it assumes
by FL_Irish  (2021-03-14 15:50:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...that football damage is responsible for what has happened to Hoyte? Not that it’s ridiculous that Notre Dame would bear some responsibility if it were demonstrated that football is to blame?

it's ridiculous for a variety of reasons
by jt  (2021-03-14 16:33:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

nowhere near enough information to come to any conclusions based on the information provided.

I agree, but if after investigation it could be demonstrated
by FL_Irish  (2021-03-14 16:59:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...that he’s suffering the effects of football, I wouldn’t dismiss the notion that Notre Dame should bear some responsibility.

sure
by jt  (2021-03-14 17:56:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it would be nice to see some facts.

Immediately assuming that football "made him do crazy things" is the easiest path (and might be correct, mind you) but there could be a variety of factors at play and immediately jumping to hysterical conclusions and placing blame without any facts is irresponsible at best.

Agreed. *
by FL_Irish  (2021-03-14 18:32:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OT: Unless the "narrative" on head injuries in football
by Tex Francisco  (2021-03-14 13:12:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

starts to change, I think it's just a matter of time before the Ivies drop football. At that point, it seems like a no brainer that MIT, Johns Hopkins, Georgetown and other elite, non-1A schools will probably follow suit. Amongst 1A schools, Rice seems like the most likely to drop. I don't think Duke, Northwestern, or Stanford will be early adopters, but once the trend starts gaining steam, who knows.