Would you attend an ND game this fall?
by KORZO78 (2021-02-26 10:49:14)

In reply to: U of Texas planning on full stadium next fall (link) (link)  posted by jimclarke5

I'm expecting demand for tickets to these events to drop because lots of folks will be too scared to travel and attend mass events.

I would go. I went to the ACC championship game.

Not sure if I would if capped capacity
by gordonbombay  (2021-03-01 10:22:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't see the draw in going to what is supposed to be a communal experience and having to stay away from everybody else.

Once I'm vaccinated I would go.

Yes *
by btd  (2021-02-27 16:43:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm about 60/40 right now...
by Kbyrnes  (2021-02-27 14:51:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...not so much fear, but prudence. I'll get my second dose in a few weeks. If the level of population infection drops way down, I'd be inclined to go. But check back in 5 months.

I expect to be vaccinated and herd immunity by then...so yes *
by ndroman21  (2021-02-27 12:45:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it’s a worthwhile game. My wife and I are already
by 84david  (2021-02-27 10:33:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fully vaxxed so there are no concerns there.

USC is probably the only home game that really interests me. Although
we might go to the Purdue game for old times sake.

Yes *
by TCIrish03  (2021-02-27 10:28:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure it's worth the price and travel hassels. *
by ND68  (2021-02-27 08:33:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, the USC game *
by IrishLep  (2021-02-26 19:30:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes *
by Cliff Claven  (2021-02-26 17:48:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, hopefully *
by GolfJunkie17  (2021-02-26 17:16:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would, yes *
by jt  (2021-02-26 17:15:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd have attended one last fall. *
by 01momanor  (2021-02-26 15:27:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, of course. *
by Inigomontoya  (2021-02-26 13:20:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the fear will largely be gone by that time.
by NDTwice  (2021-02-26 13:11:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Herd immunity is becoming a reality. People will have had two doses of the vaccination and be willing to attend especially an outdoor event. People know Covid is pretty much only deadly for old persons like me. I know I and my two kids are going. I anticipate ND will have full ticket sales.

You are a bright one *
by ACross  (2021-02-26 21:18:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No not by a long shot. Just parroting what I gleam from
by nDTwice  (2021-02-28 11:17:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Various sources, Could be way off as I tend to have a glass half full attitude. Be nice for everyone if things do work out that way.

Pet peeve - Glean *
by ODSCHOOL  (2021-03-03 16:50:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No not by a long shot. Just parroting what I gleam from
by nDTwice  (2021-02-26 21:47:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Various sources, Could be way off as I tend to have a glass half full attitude. Be nice for everyone if things do work out that way.

Absolutely.
by treisele  (2021-02-26 13:07:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We’re talking August at the earliest. We should have a really good idea about how many people have been vaccinated and how significantly the spread has slowed by then. I’m looking forward to seeing a game or two in person this year.

I would go
by HTownND  (2021-02-26 11:57:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm vaccinated.

I'm curious how the George Strait/Chris Stapleton concert will be handled.

But then I looked at our home schedule and said fuck that noise, what a bunch of reheated dog shit.

Toledo
Purdue
Cincinnati
USC
UNC
Navy
GaTech

I'd rather pound my dick with a hammer than go to any of those games and pay ridiculous prices. The only game of interest is USC, and I can only imagine what they are going to charge for that game.

Will you stand for the Eyes of Texas?
by ODSCHOOL  (2021-03-03 18:26:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

University of Texas athletic officials in October told Longhorn football players they had to remain on the field postgame for “The Eyes of Texas” singalong with fans because donors were upset by athletes protesting the game day tradition, two Longhorn football players told The Texas Tribune.

Previously, some student athletes had chosen not to participate after multiple games, as the song had become a flashpoint over the summer — especially for Black student athletes — given the alma mater song’s historical ties to campus minstrel shows.

The football players said athletics officials, in a meeting with the players after the Oklahoma game, referenced emails from donors who said the protests could impact their job prospects after graduating. At least one other player, former defensive linebacker Caden Sterns, made a similar claim in a tweet on Monday but declined to be interviewed.

Hey, Toledo is an upper tier MAC team and UC will be pissed
by Flanner_11B  (2021-02-26 17:19:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

About losing Freeman! If that doesn’t get your blood pumping I don’t know what will!

Your outlook might be a bit dark according to
by NDTwice  (2021-02-26 13:36:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ESPN's way too early 2021 ranking. Univ of North Carolina is 7, University of Southern Cal is 9, and Cincinnati is 11. Since Notre Dame is only ranked 15, the games promise to be competitive and interesting according to this index.

I still don't care
by HTownND  (2021-02-26 15:43:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

About playing UNC or Cincinnati, I don't care about their preseason rank, nor their rank at game time.

I'm sure this will show up all over gold seats or shit NDN says, or whatever.

Sorry, I still don't care about playing UNC again or Cincinnati.

People here clamored to get PU back on the schedule.
by ndroman21  (2021-02-27 12:47:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree that schedule is lacking a second Tier 1 opponent, but the Tier 2 games seem fine., and the Navy thing is still a thing.

I don’t like Toledo on any ND schedule.

Never really understood the bitterness over UNC
by Ty Webb  (2021-02-27 11:47:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think they are a quality Tier 2 type opponent. But people lump them in with the likes of Glassboro State and whatever other dregs we could possibly schedule.

Note: That schedule still blows even if one isn't bothered by playing UNC.

I don’t hate UNC
by HTownND  (2021-02-27 17:46:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just don’t get excited to play them anymore.

As we continue to cycle through the ACC they will get more and more stale and boring, regardless of their preseason rank.

I feel the same way about VaTech and UVA too. They were interesting before.
Now, I’m sort of bleh about them.

It's possible HTown enjoys pounding his dick with a hammer
by KeoughCharles05  (2021-02-26 13:49:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wouldn't rule anything out.

100% *
by gradyfan  (2021-02-26 11:53:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, if vaccinated, and allowed, I will go. *
by Endthecursein05  (2021-02-26 11:34:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post