Who is Kelly targeting for DC? Muschamp may be headed to
by VaDblDmr (2021-01-04 01:51:02)

Texas.

Targeting! *
by clintreno  (2021-01-04 10:37:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks like he may miss the next game. *
by drmurray  (2021-01-04 11:00:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Other sites have mentioned he is talking to Elko.
by 84david  (2021-01-04 09:20:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently Elko doesn't care for Jimbo.

I have no evidence that there is any truth to this rumor, I just saw it
mentioned elsewhere.

Sarkisian and Muschamp?
by NDStitch  (2021-01-04 09:13:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That actually seems like a great pairing at UT, assuming they interact well with each other.

There are reports that ND is talking to Freeman
by SUJB9  (2021-01-04 08:18:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this week, FWIW. LSU and Auburn are also supposed to be involved in trying to land him.

Cincy connection
by Brahms  (2021-01-04 10:31:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Feels so right.

Elston *
by jt  (2021-01-04 01:56:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Correct. The right question is who is the LB coach he is
by btd  (2021-01-04 20:32:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

targeting?

Fresh blood, fresh thinking.
by Brahms  (2021-01-04 08:12:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Warmed over.

After an extensive nationwide search, no doubt? *
by VaDblDmr  (2021-01-04 02:00:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After an extensive search of his coaching staff....
by Wolfetone  (2021-01-04 05:32:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Business as usual.....

Like Long, Elko, Mickens, Taylor, Joseph, McNulty, & Balis?
by ribs  (2021-01-04 10:34:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Del Alexander? How many of them coached for Kelly prior to being added to the ND staff? Rees wasn't a particularly creative hire, but I'm not ready to condemn him yet, even after it was under the guise of a larger search.

For everyone who says Kelly definitively needs to go outside the program for the DC hire, who ya got, and why?

I don't have an answer. Even if it ends up being Elston, condemning him before he coaches a game is lazy and stupid.

Elko, Grinch, Heacock *
by Brahms  (2021-01-04 11:19:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now that is funny. * *
by usmcirish  (2021-01-04 09:37:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lea should have been let go...
by NDMike2001  (2021-01-04 07:22:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the moment he held his press conference for Vandy after the Clemson game.

If Kelly is going to roll with Elston then he should have cut ties then and not dealt with that distraction. Maybe I’m off base here, but i don’t see Saban letting Sark hold his own press conference before the championship game. Certainly not in the wake of it.

Saban has had multiple coordinators take HC jobs
by TWO  (2021-01-04 08:10:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

during the run to the playoffs, all stayed except Kiffin who left by mutual agreement before the 2016 championship game.

Smart was named Georgia HC Dec 2 2015, held a press conference Dec 7th and the CFP playoffs started Dec 31 with Alabama beating Mich State 38-0 and then Clemson later 45-40.

yeah...well Kelly sucks. LOL
by NDMike2001  (2021-01-04 08:59:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I stand corrected on Saban. He certainly runs a tighter ship with a better margin for error. It's just going to be tough for me to get over seeing Lea holding a press conference in Nashville the morning after getting waxed in the ACC championship game.

And the fact that he's already assembling a staff as a first time head coach in the days following getting waxed in the Rose bowl only reinforces the notion that he'd been, apparently, burning both ends of the candle.