This is like saying a team won the NIT while we lost in the
by athlete37 (2021-01-02 21:14:26)

In reply to: ISU also beat OU once and went down to wire w/ them...  posted by Scoop80

Final Four. Then saying “We haven’t even won an NIT”

by Moff  (2021-01-02 21:25:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But what if we win out? *
by tar  (2021-01-04 23:34:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who is indifferent? *
by NavyJoe  (2021-01-02 21:31:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by Moff  (2021-01-02 21:50:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My point
by Twinkie the Kid  (2021-01-02 22:37:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My point is that the opponent matters. You seem hung up on name of bowl rather than quality of opponent. The New Years Day bowls are so watered down now with the advent of the CFP. That is where we differ in opinion. Why celebrate a hypothetical win over, for example, North Carolina this year had ND made the Orange Bowl? Because it's the Orange Bowl? No thanks. I'll pass on the "2021 Orange Bowl Champs!!!!!" t-shirts.

Oh, I think those games matter
by NavyJoe  (2021-01-02 22:17:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I do think that the emphasis on the CFP has devalued those games in recent years.

Well maybe if Holtz didn't shit the bed his last 3 years
by nditalian  (2021-01-02 22:05:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we might not be having this discussion.

What is the point of this? *
by NavyJoe  (2021-01-02 22:18:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What is the point of this thread? *
by nditalian  (2021-01-02 22:20:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

by Moff  (2021-01-02 22:15:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't leave over that dumb post.
by IrishJosh24  (2021-01-02 22:43:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everyone is feeling bad. People are scratching and clawing for ways to make themselves feel better about the loss and the general state of the program.

Some are pointing out that we have no clue how good we could be with an elite head coach because we haven't had one in over two decades. Others are apparently blaming our most recent national championship winning coach for I guess leading us into the wilderness and forcing us to replace him with a series of dolts.

Of course it doesn't make any goddamn sense. It's not really supposed to make sense. It's not a comment borne of deep thought. It just dulls the pain for a few minutes.

Don't let it be the reason you walk away from this place. Your voice is needed here.

Just don’t respond to idiots like that. *
by tdiddy07  (2021-01-02 22:36:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't. You're one of the reasons I'm still here. *
by Lloyd Braun  (2021-01-02 22:20:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But what if we win out? *
by tar  (2021-01-02 21:29:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post