Agree completely. Especially egregious last night
by gregmorrissey (2021-01-02 18:39:05)

In reply to: Yes and yes. He has always done it....  posted by MarineDomer

First, deferring opens up the possibility of a 14 point run if a team can score going into the half and then again coming out of the half. From a momentum standpoint than is incredibly valuable.

Second, it was obvious last night that our nerves were fried coming out of the tunnel. Let the defense take the field first and play with high energy flying around. Something good may happen which loosens up the offense when they come out. The worst thing that can happen is that they slice through the defense and score quickly. Well, that fucking happened, and we'd screwed our offensive nerves even more in the process.

Has he actually taken a look at how ND has done when taking
by Irish Warrior  (2021-01-02 20:46:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the ball first? I mean, how many times has ND actually controlled the ball and scored a TD on the first possession? The only one I can remember this entire season is 1st Clemson. Other than that, I'd venture to guess that they're less than 50%. To me that says, it's not a good idea.

Taking it against Alabama is just beyond galactically stupid.

Agree *
by elcortez01  (2021-01-02 20:39:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yep *
by MarineDomer  (2021-01-02 19:28:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post