As much as I think ND should move on from BK
by Bmoreirish (2021-01-02 14:39:17)

In reply to: Oh sweet Christ  posted by bostonirish

There is no way they are currently prepared for it in this fashion.

Fickell is sitting there to be had
by BigEND  (2021-01-02 14:42:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We could do worse. At this point, I’d take Fickell over BK.

I would take Fickell in a heartbeat over BK.
by GolfJunkie17  (2021-01-02 16:02:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm willing to risk missing out on all the glorious 10 win seasons we've had under Kelly for a chance at maybe actually beating a good team.

Luke Fickell...
by Exit_77  (2021-01-02 15:02:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is a very good coach. Set aside the obvious Cincinnati connection (and B Kelly) for a moment, he has a great college football background.

He played for John Cooper, coached under Jim Tressel and Urban Meyer. He accepted a difficult position of being interim head coach at Ohio St in 2011 when Tressel was dismissed. And was rewarded with a position on Urban Meyer’s staff.

He has strong relationships in the state of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana that he has cultivated over a long period of time. Cincinnati will never out recruit Ohio St for the top players in the region but he’s done very well at finding the next level of athletes and then coaching them up.

If provided a larger platform like ND, I suspect he’d be able to recruit elite players and coach them very well. And have a lot of success.

Not sure if ND would take him. And I’m not sure he’s interested in leaving Cincinnati anytime soon.

But he’s a very good coach. And will continue to do very well no matter where he coaches.

Einhorn also available *
by Ajax  (2021-01-02 14:44:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Einhorn is Finkle. Finkle is Einhorn. *
by ndstein04  (2021-01-02 19:30:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Laces out *
by meatwhistle  (2021-01-02 16:42:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

[golf clap] *
by milhouse  (2021-01-02 14:53:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post