I’m actually amazed at the people over 50.
by IrishGeek (2020-12-31 20:50:13)

In reply to: Main difference between AL 1973-80 and 2012-20 is ND...  posted by Scoop80

Who saw the former period you mention who nevertheless say, “well it (2020) was a good year, what are you going to do? Everyone is on TV now.”

They're probably the same "people" that don't recall whether
by Carlos Huerta  (2021-01-01 09:54:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as a student they watched the team play a November game while they were undefeated and in title contention.

Most of us who are over 50 were introduced to...
by Up the Irish  (2021-01-01 00:23:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...Notre Dame by our Fathers. Most of those Men are now gone. My Dad is one of them. We still believe. Of my two brothers & myself, only one of us has produced a son. We did marry well and produced some fine looking daughters. Somewhere along the way my 18 year old nephew has bought in to that belief. If the Irish lose tomorrow, by a wide or small margin. That’s not a good year. The standard was set in place a long time ago for me, and a lot of us on the backside of 50. Roll the damn Tide. Go Irish!!

I'm over 50 (urgh) and it was Lindsey Nelson
by NDPittsburgh  (2021-01-01 09:22:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That made me a fan... the hr long recap every week came on every sunday right after i got back from church. Definitely wasn't my dad or anyone else in my family as i grew up in a penn state family.