Alabama Preview is up (link)
by Jvan (2020-12-30 12:16:07)

This user did not provide content for this post

I was thinking 42-20. I'd say great minds but don't want to
by Tonybullets  (2020-12-31 12:18:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

insult you

of their meds...
by lodgix  (2020-12-31 09:46:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..any time our office phone rings and I see it's a SoCal number, I cringe. I know that in all likelihood, the caller will be off-balanced, usually rude and just not quite "with it".. The resulting unpleasantness is not something I enjoy. However on occasion, I'll pick up the phone and it will be someone super nice and firing on all cylinders, many times the same person who was crazy just a couple weeks earlier...in most instances I find out that they were off their meds. Serious. It's very very common in socal, highly medicated folks.

ND football is much like SoCal. Most times they are off their meds, but on occasion, they are not. I still have to pick up the phone as it's what I do...and occasionally I get someone super nice and my hope in Socal is temporarily restored.

At 4pm Friday the phone will ring, it will be a SoCal number and I will answer it in typical Sisyphean fashion....who will be on the other end?

Yes, but will any of our TDs be in non-garbage time?
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-12-30 21:52:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That would be a welcome sign of progress.

ND wins
by ccb  (2020-12-30 20:30:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

28-24

The only thing ND possibly wins is the toss. *
by ocmj  (2020-12-30 21:58:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly couldn’t even be successful tossing one off *
by TAR  (2020-12-30 23:37:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which Kelly still won't defer *
by TheRosadoBrothers  (2020-12-30 22:00:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Who do you like to win? *
by ACross  (2020-12-30 21:10:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Puff, puff, pass... *
by bostonirish  (2020-12-30 20:51:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

JVan, like your prediction on 11/7, you r WRONG....GO IRISH! *
by ND Harvey  (2020-12-30 17:21:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Destination GLORY...Choo Choo! *
by Scoop80  (2020-12-30 20:13:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently you don't believe in the blind squirrel theory *
by Jvan  (2020-12-30 19:20:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or the blind gerbil
by ACross  (2020-12-30 21:12:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With a nose for a cornhole.

What did the brown gerbil say to the white gerbil?
by mkovac  (2020-12-31 00:53:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

“You must be the new guy in town.”

Was there an early dismissal at the insane asylum today? *
by Frank Drebin  (2020-12-30 17:27:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"...waiting for you at Bellevue with their oxygen masks.'"
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-12-30 21:49:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I appreciate the realism.
by johnnysalami  (2020-12-30 16:26:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I dug out your preview for the 2013 Bama game. Oy, if we knew then what we know now. It feels between 2013 and now we've been stuck in purgatory, albeit it a better purgatory than 97-2010. But, it feels like a lack of progress that we still cannot compete on a level playing field with Bama, Clemson, OSU.

I wish we would get the opportunity
by nd76  (2020-12-30 21:21:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To see about OSU this year. I agree about the other two so it’s very unlikely to happen.

best line in that article
by irishrock  (2020-12-30 17:14:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Six weeks of preparation under Kelly’s tutelage should translate into a solid performance for the first year signal caller

Sorry, jvan, cheap shot I know. But also hilarious..."six weeks" of which how many were spent prepping for an interview

Imaginary coaching and an imaginary girlfriend
by Jvan  (2020-12-30 19:17:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We were doomed.

what a perfect storm for a disaster
by irishrock  (2020-12-30 19:21:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

imaginary girlfriend
imaginary coaching (as you put it)
huge expectations since we hadn't been there in a long time
Alabama just sitting there licking their chops.

I knew it on the 2nd play...I told me son, "oh, we're cooked" Just some normal dive play and they took 8 of our guys to the shed on that single play. Knew it was over. I was talking to cujaysfan today and we both concurred that Saban took the foot off the accelerator late in the 2nd or early in the 3rd as a sign of respect for ND. I think Bama could have gotten to 70 if they really wanted to show who the boss was. (come to think of it, how embarrassing that would have been for Kelly at his interview the next day)

Nothing like a few cans of whoopass to get your mind right
by Jvan  (2020-12-30 16:40:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm guessing this is a sentence you'd like to take back.....
by Marine Domer  (2020-12-30 17:45:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Six weeks of preparation under Kelly’s tutelage should translate into a solid performance for the first year signal caller..."

see above...unless you have me on ignore *
by irishrock  (2020-12-30 18:57:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The funny thing is I literally posted....
by Marine Domer  (2020-12-30 19:05:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"I guess I know someone who has me on ignore" in response to yours, and then realized you posted first. Oops. Sorry.

P.S. -- I have never put anyone on ignore.

I prefer to say "great minds think alike"
by irishrock  (2020-12-30 19:18:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

shocked that only 15 NDNation posters have me on ignore...but my 2021 resolution is to get it to 17.

I'm guessing if I keep pushing, The Holtz Room will get rid of me soon

We’re tied, but I’ve given up trying. *
by Marine Domer  (2020-12-30 20:47:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’m not sure why anybody
by nd76  (2020-12-30 21:51:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would put either of you two on ignore. You’re two of the best posters. I don’t always agree with you, but each of you add a lot to the discussion .

Thanks. I’m sure I earned a few.....
by Marine Domer  (2020-12-30 22:00:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And some people just don’t want to read views different from their own.

You never get shitty
by nd76  (2020-12-30 22:06:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With people. Unlike some. You’re a class act.

by Moff  (2020-12-30 16:57:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unfortunately, the expiration date on Friday's hasn't passed *
by NDBass  (2020-12-30 17:05:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Any possible innovative O packages we've not yet shown?
by OLDTOWNIRISH  (2020-12-30 15:24:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In 2014 Music City Bowl, BK alternated QBs Zaire and Golson to good effect, and sprang the upset. While I realize this isn't the same....I am grasping for straws.

We're limited by our personnel
by Jvan  (2020-12-30 15:56:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Big linemen and tight ends, but no speed on the perimeter and a QB who can't get the ball deep anyway. We have to be true to who we are and just try to execute flawlessly.

No speed that plays at least
by MAS  (2020-12-30 17:29:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I will never understand not trying to incorporate the young guys. Other teams seem to figure it out.

ND scores 17. That’d be sweet. *
by 1NDGal  (2020-12-30 13:28:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

14 of those points coming late in the 4th quarter *
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2020-12-30 14:37:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Only if Bama has to leave game early to catch flight home *
by Frank Drebin  (2020-12-30 19:10:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND scoring a pre-garbage time TD would be noteworthy...
by Scoop80  (2020-12-30 14:55:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thus far, BK's 3 uNDefeated regular season teams have scored 3 garbage time postseason TD's--2 v. AL in 1/13 and 1 v. Clemson 11 days ago.

For the Irish to score a TD while trailing by less than 31 pts would be an accomplishment.

...and worthy of a bonus and extension...
by Brahms  (2020-12-30 16:56:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...so sayeth Jack "remarkably always in the conversation" Swarbrick.

the Horror, the horror
by RJD  (2020-12-30 13:17:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js">>

Have we closed the gap any after 8 years?

Counting on the experience advantage you noted to keep the Irish in the game. Not that concerned about the last Clemson game. Hoping it may be turned into a positive in Texas by this team. Very proud of these guys.

Light many candles at the Grotto for our corners...Rick

Oof. Not wrong, in my view, but oof. *
by barrister  (2020-12-30 13:11:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post