I want Kelly to hire Malzahn as an analyst for this game
by mick88 (2020-12-23 13:52:17)

I know Malzahn has problems/issues. But he does have inside knowledge of what will and won't work. And he has antipathy towards Alabama, would love to beat them.

He has beaten Saban 3 times out of 8

Saban has hired flawed former coaches as analysts and eventual coordinators, Kiffin, Sarkisian, Butch Jones.

Worth it even if it makes a small difference in our favor on one or two plays

F *
by ACross  (2020-12-23 13:59:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's the smart move, Andy
by mick88  (2020-12-23 15:03:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2020 Analysts on Alabama with previous head coaching experience
Butch Jones
Major Applewhite
Charlie Strong
Mike Stoops

plus Sark as OC

Comparable 2020 Irish staff members? I honestly don't know if we have any analysts besides the official staff

Like you I was in Miami in 2012 for that shit show. And many others over the past decade. I want a fair fight. If the other teams are hiring ex head coaches as analysts, and it's within the rules, I want us to do it.

everyone else is doing it *
by jt  (2020-12-23 19:00:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The listed analysts on the ND football website are
by HScorpio  (2020-12-23 16:05:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nick Lezynskiv-Senior Analyst, Defense
Pat Kramer - Offensive Analyst
Dean Petzing - Analyst, Offense
Asauni Rufus - Analyst, Special Teams
Gus Ragland - Analyst, Offense

Not sure how the list above grades out against the one you posted, but at first glance it's pretty close in terms of experience.

F *
by ACross  (2020-12-23 15:45:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post