The cases are not similar. As an independent, our game with
by 1NDGal (2020-08-01 20:54:28)

In reply to: If we are going to renege, let's shoot for USC.  posted by Piertravlr

Navy stands. And Navy doesn’t want to cancel it. The ACC stated that all participants can have one OOC game. OK, well, this would be our “OOC” game.

USC is a Pac12 member and that decision was handed down to them from on high weeks ago.

The ND-Navy game was not “put in a trash can.”

The contractual fiction of what is an “ACC state” — suddenly Indiana is an ACC state, that’s fun — should not be used as a means to cancel a game that Navy very much wants to host.

Also, FUSC.

Health-based precautions are valid. But having ND travel to Annapolis as the first game of the year cannot reasonably be viewed as a bigger health risk than Clemson travelling to Florida State.

Our schedule is shit. We should try to play the most
by ACross  (2020-08-03 11:45:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

comelling team possible. That team is not Navy. I think their coach is a low rent prick who encourages their players to play dirty. I think their program has a culture that encourages their players to injure our players, in an "anything it takes to win" analogue for war as a rationalization for ruining opponents' futures.

So, no, we shouldn't lift a finger for Navy just because you want a nice afternoon in Annapolis.

Why must your every post end with an ad hominem? As to
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-04 07:47:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

injuries, it has been several years since a player had a suspicious injury in the Navy game.

That WWE Death Drop on RJ Blanton in ND Stadium seemed to wake some people up.

The last such injury I can recall is Ian Williams getting his knee trashed against Air Force.

But travel is a bigger risk for ND than staying home.
by Piertravlr  (2020-08-01 21:01:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And my focus is on ND.

And the cases are similar. We are in the ACC this year and not an independent. The ACC has a rule that you advocate we ignore. I believe that failing to keep a commitment reflects poorly on the University, and is foolish to boot since it increases ND's costs and health risks.

“We are in the ACC this year and not an independent.” Eesh.
by 1NDGal  (2020-08-01 21:36:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But even accepting that language, I can’t agree that travelling to Annapolis imperils our team.