“Most beloved and nationally admired figures in sports“ *
by golfjunkie17 (2020-07-30 13:22:55)

In reply to: Bo Paterno?  posted by mocopdx

This user did not provide content for this post

The Rocket loved Bo
by Hanratty5ND  (2020-07-30 16:44:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I and countless other ND fans admired Bo for his stupidity.

And for his ring-less hand and stellar Bowl record.

One of the best posts on NDNation was when someone posted
by ArasEra  (2020-07-30 22:12:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Today Is Bo's Birthday."

And then some other poster replied: "Send him a birthday card signed 'The Rocket'. And then send him another one."

classic
by irishrock  (2020-07-31 11:40:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the hubris of Bo..."my special teams are so much better than Lou's" Bo was 0-3 in his last three ND games...and if we had a real ref in '86, Joel Williams catch would have been a TD and it would have been four straight losses.

two great trivia questions
by irishrock  (2020-07-30 17:30:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First, there have been 8 players who have had 2 kickoff returns for TD's in a single game. One's done it twice.

Rocket vs Michigan and Rice

Second, only two RB's from the same school in the same year have rushed for over 1,000 yards in their NFL rookie season...who were they?

Reggie Brooks and Jerome Bettis (most people will think it is Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown from Auburn)

That startled me as well.... *
by Wolfetone  (2020-07-30 15:45:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BoPa *
by SWPaDem  (2020-07-30 13:24:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post