ND Bama week 1?
by JBrock18 (2020-07-18 09:18:50)

If somehow there is football, this is a good replacement for Wisconsin and SC. SEC appears to be pursuing a conference plus 1 schedule for their members.

If the SEC goes Conference only...
by TWO  (2020-07-20 11:08:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder if Texas would be willing to come to South Bend to take the place of Arkansas? They would have been playing LSU in Baton Rouge that weekend.

Of course the rumors of SEC/ACC/B12 getting together to work out a seasons schedule might make it moot. If the Irish for this season are considered ACC then maybe Arkansas will make the trip as part of that deal..should it come off.

If that three conf thing happens...
by Wooderson  (2020-07-20 14:55:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would pray we finally get Auburn.

There's no way Kelly or Swarbrick would agree to that.
by daviehamsufferer97  (2020-07-19 19:18:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They both know we would be skull-fucked by Bama on national television on week 1, and thus wouldn't be "in the conversation" for the rest of the year. Swarbrick is betting on Saban being retired in 2028 and 2029 when we play them in the regular season.

What conversation? There isn’t going to be a season. *
by airborneirish  (2020-07-20 00:05:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My post was assuming there was a season.
by daviehamsufferer97  (2020-07-20 14:33:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree that there probably won't be one this year.

No fans so no $$$
by Wooderson  (2020-07-19 22:34:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ergo no game.

Epic
by wiNDycityfan  (2020-07-19 02:56:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

LOLOL

Love to see this happen, but realistically ...
by NDFanSince81  (2020-07-18 11:41:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Alabama is currently showing exponential growth in new COVID cases (now in 5th place in the US on a per capita basis), and Indiana has put a pause on reopening until at least the end of July (gatherings over 250 prohibited).

Bama AD says no (link)
by GU82ND4ever  (2020-07-18 11:37:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post