Georgia? Kirby Smart.
by mocopdx (2020-05-22 10:02:33)

In reply to: Looking at last years NCAA Top 15 teams by head coach focus:  posted by jimmypop

I think jt is right though and I would change my mind on my original stance re: offensive vs defensive head coach.

For some reason I was thinking of McElwain when I was typing
by jimmypop  (2020-05-23 17:35:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For smart

Baylor too
by StetsonDan  (2020-05-22 10:14:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Matt Rhule spent more time as an assistant coaching defense than coaching offense.

His offense at Temple was much like you'd expect a defensive coordinator to value (running the ball and valuing time of possession), but he changed that at Baylor when he realized almost all of Texas high school football runs some version of spread.

Rhule’s last few years were coaching
by jimmypop  (2020-05-23 17:34:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Offense so I dumped him that group.

uh, he's not at Baylor any longer *
by jt  (2020-05-22 13:57:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Well the new guy at Baylor is even more defense-heavy *
by mocopdx  (2020-05-22 14:31:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and let's see how that goes *
by jt  (2020-05-22 18:04:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post