Yet ND never finishes in the Top 5
by Irishrock (2020-05-21 08:11:37)

In reply to: 5th best coach in the country.  posted by sluredandstumbly

Shaw at Stanford is horribly under ranked. Ditto Patterson at TCU

ND would struggle to beat the majority of teams on that list

Kelly and JS have done a remarkable job of hyping the Kelly brand...amazing really that Smart beat Kelly in the only two games and is ranked below him

Kelly will get beat by Swinney (again) and Kelly will have a million excuses ready for the presser

Obviously it's the players fault *
by jt  (2020-05-21 11:15:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

well, that and the fact that we have no jets *
by irishrock  (2020-05-21 11:41:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or beats anyone in the Top 5 *
by manofdillon  (2020-05-21 09:58:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Technically, we did in 2018 and 2012 (according to AP poll) *
by roccoglobboschoolforwomen  (2020-05-21 08:43:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Patterson is overrated.
by 84david  (2020-05-21 08:29:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They have lost 13 games over the past two years.

I'd wager he's won more big games than BK
by Brahms  (2020-05-21 08:52:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And, I'd take him over Kelly.

Early in his career. TCU had 6 or more losses 5 times
by 84david  (2020-05-22 12:16:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

during the 2010s. He started off as hot shit but has really faded.

TCU is .500 vs. the big 12 over the past 5 years, last years 5-7 team suffered a 30 pt beat down to "cupcake" Iowa st. Not exactly an elite resume. His records are also padded by playing at least one and sometimes two FCS teams each ear.

I'd consider that overrated for an "elite coach," and certainly unworthy of a statue.

PS: He's not much of a recruiter either. He rarely adventures outside of the DFW commuting area. Despite TCU being right in the middle of talent rich DFW area (dozens of 4 and 5* guys every year) TCU hardly makes the top 30 in recruiting.

That's pretty damning. Thanks. *
by Brahms  (2020-05-23 16:37:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post