Has to be Kelly
by Hanratty5ND (2020-05-18 13:37:19)

In reply to: Who comes up with these?  posted by tdiddy07

Dexter's TD over Penick's?

A new level of stupid coming from ND.

Agree - the number 2 should have been the number 1
by EmilT76  (2020-05-18 16:02:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That run was my favorite moment watching ND football

Ditto...
by Kbyrnes  (2020-05-19 18:37:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...That TD is still vividly imprinted as a little brain video, Penick running almost right towards us in the left end of the soph section.

Yes, but as a Hokie-in-Law that Dexter run was sweeeeeet. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2020-05-18 19:47:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. *
by Fresno MIke  (2020-05-18 16:21:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even in the Kelly era, Gray's rush was better .
by tdiddy07  (2020-05-18 14:35:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than Dexter's, if you're judging the run. Yet, Gray's run wasn't on the toughest run list that came earlier, despite breaking several tackles and then bolting by people--meanwhile, there were runs that didn't have a broken tackle on that previous list. And here, it really wasn't remarkable blocking. People weren't getting smushed. The play was poorly defended at the line of scrimmage, Gray broke several tackles, and then he got a nice downfield block and ran by everyone

Josh Adams's 2015 Wake Forest run, wasn't on this list, even though it's the longest TD in school history. And it was an impressive run. So the blocking seems to be the purported focus of this list.

I've still never seen a big back accelerate like Gray did
by potatohouse  (2020-05-18 14:45:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in that one.

I was at the game at Heinz, sitting upper deck in the endzone he was running towards. Even from that distance, it was clear to see the play developing into a flaccid stretch run that would get squeezed to the line for a minimal gain. And then Jonas cut and slammed the damn NOS button like he was Vin Diesel. Watching him rip down the line towards us was incredible.

What a waste that 2011 campaign was.

He showed a couple extra gears in that one play that I dont
by roccoglobboschoolforwomen  (2020-05-18 16:04:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

think he ever showed again. Unreal.

That’s because he didn’t get another carry that game. *
by tdiddy07  (2020-05-18 16:20:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought you were joking
by roccoglobboschoolforwomen  (2020-05-18 20:48:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Holy shit

I just checked. He got one carry.
by tdiddy07  (2020-05-19 14:16:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A four-yard carry for first down on 3rd and 3.

typical BK *
by discNDav  (2020-05-18 17:16:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hey...2011 milestone. Jock Jams come to Notre Dame Stadium. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2020-05-18 15:53:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we were in the same end zone stands *
by discNDav  (2020-05-18 14:47:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

before watching I said Penick should be #1 *
by discNDav  (2020-05-18 14:16:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And you were right, it shoulda been. *
by Dennis  (2020-05-18 14:51:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If BK was ‘20’s Yankees mgr he would always make Ruth bunt *
by Frank Drebin  (2020-05-18 13:56:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nope - He would have moved him to the bullpen
by Georgia Hog  (2020-05-19 12:22:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as a long reliever.

Why swing for the fence? Follow the chart. *
by MobileIrish  (2020-05-18 14:51:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If only he had followed the chart against Northwestern *
by Rosecrea  (2020-05-20 11:20:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post