Who else enjoys the faux repurposed barn wood
by ACross (2017-08-12 22:34:17)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Look in the locker room?

What a train wreck.

$400 million dollars .

It looks quite elegant. Then again, so do mausoleums. *
by profkid93  (2017-08-14 10:38:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It matches perfectly with the faux head coach. *
by abqgant  (2017-08-13 18:22:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Potd! *
by mkovac  (2017-08-14 01:32:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The lads will love it *
by ndbob79  (2017-08-13 13:53:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I must have missed that design element. *
by SEE  (2017-08-13 13:08:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The key design element is the flat screen television
by ACross  (2017-08-13 13:11:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can't have too many.

Texas agrees. Hey, at least there's no lazy river
by SEE  (2017-08-13 14:31:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So is that a fog/smoke machine in the locker room
by 88_92WSND  (2017-08-13 14:44:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or did they screw up the shower ventilation?

The worst part is Kelly's voice coming through
by Irishrock  (2017-08-13 14:34:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rockne, Ara, and Holtz...then Kelly???? One of them stands out and in a bad way

Was hoping for Clips from Weis, Ty, O'Leary, and Davie. *
by arch_moore  (2017-08-13 17:42:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We shouldn't knock O'Leary
by jt  (2017-08-13 18:03:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he's the inspiration behind many of John Heisler's propaganda pieces.

Coaches' voices
by Willylumplump  (2017-08-13 16:41:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Disappointed no Leahy quotes. I love the " ah, Lads," or " John Latner, you're such a cruiser." Nothing by THE MASTER ?

It's like Sesame Street
by The Holtz Room  (2017-08-13 14:38:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of these things just doesn't belong.

I'm just glad we're letting everyone know that they're in
by tdiddy07  (2017-08-13 13:02:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Notre Dame Stadium and that they are Welcome guests. Although I think the identification was to remind Notre Dame of what once was great but is no longer and so visitors don't get confused when they look around and it looks like everywhere else. But the "Welcome" seems unnecessary. Opponents have had their way with the place for decades.

We had real barn wood in our living room
by RJD  (2017-08-13 12:17:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

beach house in Amity Harbor. But that was the nineties.

Getting angry about interior design.
by R2D2isAMeanDrunk  (2017-08-13 11:48:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Swarbrick has really done a number on this community.

What kind of coach would $400 million get us?
by Hipster  (2017-08-13 17:47:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because it's the opportunity cost of Crossroads that pisses me off. I don't hate the decorating decisions. I frankly don't care if they used old benches or Brazilian mahogany and burled walnut. I don't care if they hired Santiago Calatrava, Jose Jimenez or Frank Lloyd Wright's next of kin to design it.

I care that they've spent an inordinate amount of time, effort and $400 million dollars on a gaudy addition while concomitantly running the football program into the ground!! They could have earmarked a fraction of that amount for a head coach who knows what he's doing and ISN'T the biggest asshole in college football.

For those of us who don't have our heads up the administration's ass, every decorating touch and shiny toy they come up with remind us that it's just lipstick on a pig. A pig that they've been slow roasting on a spit for 20 F'n years now.

We used to be the standard of excellence. The way we competed inspired people. Now it's just a day trip for every white collar Irish dork and his spoiled kids.

But you enjoy the decor. You're obviously the wise, realistic fan/alum they're looking to attract.

Holy shit, the narrowmindedness.
by R2D2isAMeanDrunk  (2017-08-13 19:09:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Crossroads is dumb, and if you don't like how they're spending the money, stop giving it to them.

I think the idea of critiquing their choices is absurd in the face of spending that much money while the team is a dumpster fire, but I'd rather discuss how to not be a dumpster fire than get pissy about each and every choice. It detracts from any sense of credibility in criticizing the administration, as much as Across' spineless, mouth-breathing devotees do for this place.

You should be relieved of the burden of participating here.
by Bruno95  (2017-08-13 19:21:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You asshole.

This is really that contentious?
by R2D2isAMeanDrunk  (2017-08-13 19:51:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Am I missing something here? Is shitposting about decorations really that important to this community?

You really don't understand the issue so it's best
by ACross  (2017-08-13 21:48:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For you to disengage and quit sticking out your chest and making an ass of yourself.

I'm sure that's it.
by R2D2isAMeanDrunk  (2017-08-13 21:53:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's no chance you're a pompous loudmouth malcontent. No, everyone that thinks you're wrong just isn't smart enough to keep up. How will I ever survive?

I think you might be a little too emotionally involved *
by ACross  (2017-08-13 22:14:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All that is missing is salvage from all the former
by 88_92wsnd  (2017-08-13 08:35:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

coaches- houses. Is the Weis mansion still on the market?

They should...
by Porpoiseboy  (2017-08-13 12:15:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

relocate the World Class Gravy Cellar stone for stone ala The Grotto.

Biff Tannen and Jack Hartounian must love it *
by meatwhistle  (2017-08-13 08:20:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Crossroads theme: "fixer upper."
by Irishintheville  (2017-08-13 07:33:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Inspiration from Chip and Joanna Gaines. Sawbucks probably has it it in his house. He also has a renovated head coach to go with the stadium. All part of his brilliance.

Some footage of the remodeling planning discussions
by Moff  (2017-08-13 11:56:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chip and Joanna probably have better taste than Savvy *
by dwjm3  (2017-08-13 11:16:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do they ever specify upholstery in Metallic Pea? *
by ACross  (2017-08-13 11:23:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No, I bet Savvy thought Shag carpeting was amazing in the
by dwjm3  (2017-08-13 15:08:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1970s

well the price isn't that bad when you consider
by abqgant  (2017-08-13 01:28:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that about 15 new urinals were included.

Listen to this man, he's a builder *
by Rocksteady74  (2017-08-13 12:57:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Re-purposing the old wood seats in the bar is way worse
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-08-13 00:03:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That just made me sad. It's the administration saying that they've made nicer things....well, except all that winning stuff. Look. That's where you sat when we won. Isn't it cool that we hung these up for you dolts in our bar like that stupid home improvement show? Now, do you want a $ 15.00 Smithwicks before you hit the buffet?

Like some Northern WI wilderness lodge.
by Hipster  (2017-08-12 23:35:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

All they need now is the water park and game room.

It makes me want to puke.I thought this asswipe came in complaining about a sense of entitlement and an overall lack of "competitive grace".

I guess when shaming the team in the press and practicing in a windstorm didn't cure the problem, they had no choice but to go to plan "B", piped in music, plastic grass, smoke machines, 3rd uniforms and now, re-purposed barnwood.

It's Embarassing.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.