ISD has stadium video
by SEE (2017-08-11 15:15:07)
Edited on 2017-08-11 15:15:20
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

as bad as they did on the outside, looks like they did pretty good job on the inside... just ignore that big TV in the corner.

"Harper's." Who's Harper? *
by 1NDGal  (2017-08-12 13:41:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dumb question. *
by billweber72  (2017-08-12 18:56:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's just so completely negative, Bill. *
by Moff  (2017-08-12 19:21:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Very small of Bill
by Chuck84  (2017-08-13 13:11:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are a lot of good guys that come here just to make friends and stuff.

I thought Bill was supposed to be the positive guy here? *
by jt  (2017-08-12 21:56:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Everybody outside this board knows he is positive, and
by Moff  (2017-08-12 22:42:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

everybody on this board just doesn't get him, or it.

I blame Van Gorder and Longo *
by jt  (2017-08-13 12:13:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Probably Jesse Harper (Rockne's predecessor)
by irisharab  (2017-08-12 14:07:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prior to Harper, almost all of ND's football coaches stayed for only 1 or 2 seasons (one guy stayed for three).

Harper was ND's first long-term coach (5 seasons). His record at ND was 34-5-1.

Including a pretty big win at West Point.
by Moff  (2017-08-12 14:36:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he is in the upper left in the ring of coaches. This poster gets more valuable with each unworthy coach we add after Lou, as they are not depicted. Although that gaudy Golden Dome is a distraction. (It was updated to add Tim Brown in the Heisman pane at the end of the season)

They should do a 1997 to 2017 poster. That would be awesome.

In 30% more time we have added 0 NC, Heismans... *
by 88_92wsnd  (2017-08-13 10:20:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And not a single non-Holtz bowl win anyone in their right
by Moff  (2017-08-13 12:26:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

mind would ever want to mention out loud, let alone put on a poster.

Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! I found the perfect 1997-2007 poster. (link)
by 1NDGal  (2017-08-12 16:57:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly should sign a deal with Despair, Inc.
by Hipster  (2017-08-13 00:06:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some of his iconic purple face photos are tailor made for those demotivational posters.

COMPOSURE....
Stay cool under pressure....or you'll never see the field again you G'Damn F'n moron. Stay composed!!

This one is probably true of ND Football at this point. (link)
by Moff  (2017-08-13 00:28:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Y'know, "Jesse Harper" came to mind but I wasn't sure.
by 1NDGal  (2017-08-12 16:54:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shame on me.

I have that poster.
by Irishintheville  (2017-08-12 14:50:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a nice collectible. Also a reminder of how shitty we've been for 20 years.

I have it as well.
by MobileIrish  (2017-08-12 22:03:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have it framed in my office.

So many of the great leaders have passed away. It is sad to look at Fr. Ted, Fr. Ned, Moose, Ara, etc. and think of what has happened to a once glorious program.

Yup. I've got both the before and after versions re TBrown
by MOFF  (2017-08-12 15:14:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We were still in the construction phase of ND football, as Monk and company hadn't gotten the destruction phase rolling yet.

Putting the music, etc. departments in it was stupid
by Groundhog  (2017-08-12 11:02:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The media center makes sense. Adding a restaurant and bar is fine too.

Overall though, the project should have been smaller in scale, instead of three giant buildings being sutured onto the stadium.

I didn't have a huge problem with the notion to make some changes given that previous addition was meh. But the results look like dog shit.

The interior generally looks sharp
by smithwick  (2017-08-12 12:50:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

notwithstanding the AA Admirals Club recruiting lounge. The exterior was a misstep. I don't mind adding three buildings to the outside, but they failed in integrating these structures to the surrounding buildings and the rest of the stadium exterior.

I have a feeling we'll see space re-purposed
by Hipster  (2017-08-12 11:52:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Some of that addition will eventually serve as floor space for merchandise.

Is the 6-7 banner gate numbers or a prediction? *
by Carlos Huerta  (2017-08-12 09:17:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They moved the flagpole *
by meatwhistle  (2017-08-12 07:06:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unremarkable *
by dwjm3  (2017-08-11 23:19:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You don't think Jesse Harper would like a cheesy bar....
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-08-12 10:45:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

....named after him in the "I don't give a shit about the game" lounge?

Totally bitchin'
by mkovac  (2017-08-11 22:53:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"It's not bitchin!" - Phil Hendrie

Tarek and Christina did our Recruiting Lounge
by ACross  (2017-08-11 22:37:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It screams timeless and understated. Midcentury modern avocado green uncomfortable chairs arw a particularly nice touch. Evwrything just oozes Saucy Jack Swarbrick.

It looks like a european holiday inn reception foyer
by mitquinn  (2017-08-11 23:23:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is the grass still plastic?
by skeptic  (2017-08-11 21:33:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is? Then I guess I don't even need to watch the video.

Yep, still fake, and still looks like crap *
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-08-12 10:44:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Let's be fair. It's not just plastic. There are also
by Moff  (2017-08-13 12:38:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

rubber pellets.

I like the inside a lot
by billweber72  (2017-08-11 21:03:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Say what you will about the three attached buildings, I think that they did a beautiful and tasteful job on the concourse, the locker room, the recruits' lounge, the new bench seats, and the outdoor loge seating.

From what I've read and seen, I have the impression that they will manage the screen appropriately, also. I'm pretty sure that everyone is going to love it except for a handful of people, all of whom post on this board.

The three attached buildings, meh. They should have been more Dillon Hall and less Power Plant. Maybe they were trying to look like the original stadium. At least they hide most of the 1990s exterior remodeling. And, the idea of concentrating a lot of classroom and other space at this location on campus is smart, because the stadium has always been an obstacle on my way to the Convo, as it was once known.

I can't say that my essential Notre Dame experience from 1968 through 1972 was diminished by the presence of several spectacularly unattractive buildings, namely the library, the ACC, Stepan Center, the old bookstore, Grace and Flanner Halls, or Fisher-Pangborn-Stanford-Keenan Halls. I don't think that Crossroads will be any worse. In fact, I think that over time people will more than accept it.

Now, the challenge is to rebuild the program so that future designers have some glory from this century to recall.

I realize that it's not fashionable on this board to be not completely negative, so pelt me with empties.

Of course you do. They could serve you warmed over shit
by ACross  (2017-08-11 22:40:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And you would send your compliments to the chef for the chocolate sauce. You are among the most pathetic homers on this board.

Which is fine.
by Bruno95  (2017-08-12 09:28:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you like Crossroads, tastes may differ. But it's possible to dissent without being such a whiny, self-righteous prick about it. BigNDfan pulls it off.

I think objective judgments can be made about design
by ACross  (2017-08-12 15:50:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And in the context of the space the lounge occupies, it is plain silly. now, it would be fine as an Aloft in Tulsa or an airport lounge in Helsinki.

The thing just oozes Saucy Jack Swarbrick. It also points up Notre Dame's institutional paralysis whenever a vendor makes a presentation or proposal, no matter how ridiculous or dissonant. Nobody has the capacity to say "no." Like the video board vendor's get the balls in "let's see if these suckers will go for a ribbon board - just watch, I bet they will".

Ps while BigNDork is not malevolent he is preposterous.

Agree *
by Bruno95  (2017-08-12 17:04:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Saw a place called Harpers
by JSDomer  (2017-08-11 21:02:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

how bazaar

Bazaar?
by ArasEra  (2017-08-11 21:40:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Should've been called Rocknes in that case.

We should serve Easter Sundaes *
by Chuck84  (2017-08-12 09:26:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And Cottonwood Candy. *
by ArasEra  (2017-08-12 13:24:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Get your pies here for the great pie fight scene"
by Frank Drebin  (2017-08-12 15:29:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Special nod to " Blazing Saddles"

At which game is the San Diego Chicken performing? *
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-08-11 19:45:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Same game as Weis bobblehead night! *
by VoisMan  (2017-08-11 20:43:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Weis Bobblehead also features a BobbleGut ® *
by CAFB4ND  (2017-08-12 00:52:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ahh, eat the walking tacos and spend the game in
by NW Ohio Irish  (2017-08-11 18:36:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the shitter missing the shitty football being played on the field. That Jack, he's a clever one.

"Here Come the Irish"
by JClarke  (2017-08-11 16:44:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there some kind of historical reason (outside of the crappy Cathy Richardson game opener) this phrase is being used? How about The Fighting Irish...and leave it at that.

At the FSU game in Tallahassee, the band chanted this going
by other_guy  (2017-08-12 11:12:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

into the stadium much to the angst of Seminole fans . . .

The band used to chant it on the way into the stadium.
by BottleofRed  (2017-08-11 17:00:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was a chant only used on gamedays. Freshmen were not told about this prior to the marchout. It was a very cool experience the first home game. I don't know if they still do it.

The band definitely still does this
by PapaTpt  (2017-08-11 20:33:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least as recently as when I graduated in spring 2012, it was also a surprise for the freshmen on their first gameday.

It was great when the whole stadium chanted it during a long
by 88_92WSND  (2017-08-11 19:52:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

drive. Was particularly well suited to long Holtzesque "Yeah, we're going to run it, and you're not going to stop us" drives.

That sounded like a great tradition
by SEE  (2017-08-11 17:14:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

low menacing "heeeeerrrrreeeeee . cccccoooooooommmmmmeeee theeeeee Irrrrrrishhhhhhhh"

And we only need to do it twice to re-start it *
by domer  (2017-08-11 18:10:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When I was there, the students would sometimes chant it
by Manor76  (2017-08-11 16:54:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

when the team was in the huddle and as they came up to the line. That tradition died out.

Looks great
by Mike  (2017-08-11 16:23:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Finally getting close to catching up with the times. About time.

Yeah, ND needs to "catch up with the times" Give me a break *
by arch_moore  (2017-08-11 16:25:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

40 seconds in, there is "Walking Tacos" food cart.
by squid  (2017-08-11 15:32:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What the hell is that? [ok, I googled it, it's a bag of Fritos chips with toppings]

This is my single favorite part of the renovation.
by CMillar  (2017-08-11 16:24:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And no, I'm not damning it with faint praise.

Shake down the thunder indeed...
by LateNiteNaugles  (2017-08-11 16:21:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's a good thing the Walking Taco stands also come with improved plumbing in the restrooms.

a/k/a Frito Pie where I'm from. *
by Manor76  (2017-08-11 15:38:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's low class. ND is better. Walking Tacos it is.
by squid  (2017-08-11 15:42:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Custom food cart and all.

Walking tacos are Notre Disney. *
by Manor76  (2017-08-11 15:52:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You must not have kids *
by endthecursein05  (2017-08-11 15:38:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My kids aren't low class proles *
by ACross  (2017-08-12 08:49:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm drowning in kids and never heard of it *
by Nyirish08  (2017-08-11 23:40:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Served at our Catholic school's cafeteria. *
by Rallying Son  (2017-08-12 09:40:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks a lot for posting. I also don't like the inside...
by domer  (2017-08-11 15:31:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...it's overdone. The hanging chandeliers in the concourses are just plain fugly. And for the wiseacres among us -- and amongst visiting fans -- those hanging banners and massively-sized old ticket stubs will serve as mere reminders that we continue to hang our hats on past glories while consuming gruel in the present.

It looks like any other stadium
by ndtnguy  (2017-08-11 15:31:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Fungible.

I enjoy, in a wry sort of way, the vaguely art-deco bar with the Knute temperence quote on the wall. But I'd enjoy it more if it were somewhere else.

On a design level, the interior looks like a lot of what has been built around campus over the last decade-plus: a sort of pastiche psuedo-classicism. Nice enough in its own way, superior to unabashed modernism, but falling far short of its potential.

The tile floor
by Angel  (2017-08-11 18:39:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...all through that area is gorgeous.

Yes, I did just post that.

It's a bar! It should say: "get drunk and be loud." *
by IrishGeek  (2017-08-11 18:07:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

OTOH -- if I can get drinks in the stadium, that is a silver
by BigBadBrewer  (2017-08-11 15:41:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bullet. I mean lining, silver lining. Speaking of which, isn't it happy hour?

Cool, a $400,000,000 Bennigans. *
by ugoirish  (2017-08-11 15:27:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They finally addressed one of my pet peeves.
by Manor76  (2017-08-11 15:36:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those damn bright yellow seats that the white wine and brie crowd would vacate during the fourth quarter and which stuck out like sore thumbs - on television and to the players who had to look across the field at them - are now dark blue.

. . . or the temp would dip below 70° or mist in the air . *
by other_guy  (2017-08-11 17:22:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, so long yellow seats. Take the mums too. *
by domer  (2017-08-11 17:10:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you know what would be really cool?
by irishrock  (2017-08-11 15:20:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if ND won

all this other stuff is lipstick on a pig.

I endorse this approach
by JC_90_94  (2017-08-12 22:14:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Win . . . then put on whatever f-ing spiff you want on the stadium.

But this constant approach by ND . . . searching for a way to create what we already had and pissed away is just f-ing sad.

t-shirt cannons circling the upper bowl
by cujaysfan  (2017-08-11 16:57:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

pelting the women and children

pelting the women and children

A monorail circling the stadium? *
by gradyfan  (2017-08-11 16:36:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there a chance the track could bend? *
by meatwhistle  (2017-08-11 17:59:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a chance my shanty friend! *
by The Holtz Room  (2017-08-12 00:56:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it will look spiffy half empty for NC State and WF *
by SEE  (2017-08-11 15:23:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And USC? According to my neighbors (all of whom are Trojan
by Dillon76  (2017-08-11 15:38:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fans), USC is reloaded this year as usual. They are really high on their QB, this Darnold kid, who is supposed to be the best. Wimbush vs. Darnold; that alone is worth the price of a ticket.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.