Seat maps after USC also look sad, does season end 10/21?
by Rfk (2017-08-11 10:17:33)
Edited on 2017-08-11 10:18:21
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

And why does Miami (OH) appear relative lean on seats? Calendar? Kickoff time? Proximity of South Bend to Cincinnati, Dayton & Columbus?

Maybe for Kelly?
by Nocalirish  (2017-08-13 23:40:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That hopefully will be Kelly's last game like LSU did with the mad hatter.

Good weather, and people think it is a guaranteed win. *
by Saxattack29  (2017-08-11 11:02:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And low price tier; NCST & Navy are mid-tier, likely sunk
by Rfk  (2017-08-11 22:38:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Already feeling bad for Syracuse next year

There's a significant amount of familial crossover between
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-08-11 10:42:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND and Miami alums.

Just in my family there are 3 Miami alums and 3 ND alums. I won't call it a potential sea of red game, but the Redhawks will be well represented.

This has to be the year the streak ends, right?
by DomerJon  (2017-08-11 10:36:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How will they explain that there are still 10k tickets still available for Wake and Navy. I doubt there will be much of a walk-up crowd in November to see a 6-3 or 5-4 team at the time.

Not a chance in heck.
by wearendhockey  (2017-08-11 12:22:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even faced with 20,000 empty seats the administration will claim a sellout. Their new ticket partner will help be the vehicle than ensures the dubious claim continues. They "sold" an additional 5000 seats to Vivid, what Vivid does with them doesn't matter. The lying sports organizations do to justify inflated attendance figures has reached the level of an art-form. There could be 40,000 people in the stands for a game and Notre Dame will continue to claim the game is "sold out." I've already seen it happen at hockey games. The CFIA holds over 5000 people when "sold out." I have seen games there where there were clearly 1500 empty seats and somehow they claimed the attendance was 5000. I have seen them claim 4000 were there and the place was less than half filled. 2500 don't buy tickets and then all fail to show up.

You mean the year they admit it's ended?
by Emil  (2017-08-11 11:18:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm sure the sellout streak, according to any reasonable definition of "sellout", actually ended a while ago.

Setting aside the cynicism a bit, if ND actually posts a non-sellout attendance number and ends the streak, I'll take that as a good sign. At least it will be a departure from the "all's well" messaging, and maybe it will be a precursor to a shift in strategy and/or personnel.

We can hope, anyway.

They'll probably say that they sold the tickets to Vivid *
by NumberOneMoses  (2017-08-11 11:39:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND can learn much from Fiat Chrysler *
by Rfk  (2017-08-11 13:26:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.