Kizer has 'diva qualities'.
by Jurassic (2017-04-13 13:02:43)

According to an unnamed AFC head coach. What a bunch of degenerates.

We can now cue posters legitimizing the assertion that BK's agent trolls this kinda bullshit "insider info".

No AFC East opinion matters
by Wooderson  (2017-04-16 00:09:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it's not Bill Belicheck's opinion.

And Bill is a big boy, he puts his name on quotes.

Maybe he just needs a snickers.
by GeronimoRumplestiltskin  (2017-04-15 13:48:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It is entirely possible that Kizer
by faustfever  (2017-04-15 08:05:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

was told he was going to have to compete with Wimbush for the starting QB job this Spring and Fall and wanted nothing to do with the situation.

If that makes him a diva after the whole splitting time with Zaire debacle then so be it. I get the whole, "you have to be willing to compete" thing but transferring vs going pro when you are as talented as Kizer is a no brainer.

I have no doubt Kizer was sitting there thinking, "what if what happened to Zaire happens to me. I'm toast."

Add to this the defense sucks and there is a new offensive coordinator playing tug-o-war with Kelly on the call sheet and...

Kelly has a**hole loser qualities, which his boss approves
by VaDblDmr  (2017-04-14 19:41:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of.

Some team hoping they can hurt his stock
by LondonDomer  (2017-04-14 10:34:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and pick him up a little further down the draft. It's a shady business.

How old is Kizer? *
by sdalenberg  (2017-04-13 21:13:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He'll be at the draft in Philly. Here's hoping for the best. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-04-13 18:22:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unnamed sources piss me off
by Bluengold07  (2017-04-13 18:11:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To quote Mrs. Bartlett. Put your name on it.

Draft season sucks.

If you listen to podcasts from the various ND sites
by SEE  (2017-04-13 16:48:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this wouldn't be the first time you've heard/read some flavor of this.

That doesn't legitimize any assertion or anyone.

It's just fact. Personally, I look at McSreamy. I hope Rees is the buffer that helps Wimbush.

that reminds me, I had a dream the other night about
by 84david  (2017-04-15 11:00:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this. Kelly started screaming at Winbush during a game. Rees got in between
so kelly took a swing at him. tommy downed him with a scissor kick.
everyone cheered.

it then started to get weird. purple blood started oozing from kellys face
and he started saying unintelligible things in a real low voice.

then I woke up. scary, but glorious.

Curious - were they saying that at the beginning of last
by ugoirish  (2017-04-14 12:34:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

season when he was a top Heisman candidate and expected to be the first QB taken in this year's draft or is it a more recent revelation?

That started in 2015
by SEE  (2017-04-14 14:13:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His last half of the year.

Stopped listening to those too. *
by Domerduck  (2017-04-14 05:04:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Here's what I think of the various podcasts...
by Jurassic  (2017-04-13 20:10:26)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there is a real shocker
by jt  (2017-04-13 17:53:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the homers agree that Kizer really isn't a team guy.

Wait until he gets his qb to run his system!

That's not really what they've said
by DawsonMayes871  (2017-04-14 08:48:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They've said "those rumors are out there" in the draft process and typically they're incredulous as to where they come from. After he interviewed well at the combine basically Sampson and Prister expressed the thought that anyone who'd spent time covering him knew that would be the case.

That being said, if the rumors are truly out there and they aren't self-serving smokescreens by teams it's easy to question BK as the source.

they are now calling Kizer the "12-11 Quarterback"
by MrE  (2017-04-14 09:37:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

how convenient to start trotting that out now, along with all the negative stuff about Kizer being overweight, immature, bad footwork, etc.

Naturally, this 180-degree change in stance occurs only after:
a) Kizer is gone and isn't part of their propaganda arsenal anymore, and
b) Kelly gets slammed in the media for his asshole comments.

People should understand that those twits at Irish Illustrated are reporting with a certain slant and agenda that should make people take anything they write or say with a grain of salt.

Oh, please.
by DawsonMayes871  (2017-04-14 19:54:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's amazing how some people such as yourself look for conspiracy theories. The vast majority of what they've said isn't incorrect. His footwork is lacking, his record as a starter is not good, and reshaping his body would be to his benefit. These are unassailable facts.

Frankly, I don't think what Kelly said (that Kizer should still be in college to develop more) was wrong. It's just that saying it did no good. The counter to his accurate statement is that despite Kizer needing more seasoning/experience, it's not likely he would've gotten it under Kelly's tutelage. Kizer could be a really good pro, but he can't step in and run the show from day one. I hope he lands in a situation like Pittsburgh where he can sit, learn, receive elite coaching, and not be saddled with being a savior out of the gate.

You miss the point entirely. *
by MrE  (2017-04-14 19:55:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Enlighten me *
by DawsonMayes871  (2017-04-14 19:57:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Do you agree that it was wildly inappropriate for Kelly
by skip encarnacion  (2017-04-15 11:05:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to make those comments about Kizer?

I don't think anybody would disagree that he needs more coaching. We might disagree on where he should receive it.

Yes
by DawsonMayes871  (2017-04-15 15:51:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It did no good for him to say that. And as I said in my previous post, the counter to Kelly's statement is that it's not like coming back to ND would've given Kizer the coaching to take him to the next level.

And Elway was the 20-23 quarterback. *
by tdiddy07  (2017-04-14 10:39:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It wasn't Belichick
by pmcdnd96  (2017-04-13 16:00:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because here's how that conversation would have gone:

Writer: Would you say Kizer has diva qualities?
BB: Would I say he has what?
Writer: Diva qualities...you know, like Mariah Carey?
BB: (click)...

Two possible sources for this quote: Kelly or his meathead
by ACross  (2017-04-13 15:59:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

agent. Kelly, the more likely.

That boneheaded in the tank for Kelly founder of the defunct Rakes of Mallow blog (which may or may not have been reborn as one of the blogs that tried to take down the guys who did the anti Swarbrick Observer ads) somehowread Kizer's interview as exculpatory of Kelly's wildly inappropriate remarks. Any sane reading of the interview (sorry JD) would conclude that (1) Kizer's agent prepped him very well on how to make lemonade out of lemons and (2) he thinks Kelly is a prick, hasn't talked to him since the season ended and won't talk to him the rest of his days.

Yeah, a real long play.

Yep. *
by SBOG  (2017-04-13 23:17:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Kizer hasn’t played a single game or thrown a single pass
by cj  (2017-04-13 19:51:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

between Mayock’s rankings, so it’s likely his drop from first to fourth is based more on what Mayock is hearing than what he is watching."

Way to go coach!!! We all know you are so connected to NFL execs and that you were just being honest. It is wonderful that you are so trustworthy. There is a whole Cincinnati team that would like to kick you in the nuts...
Oh, and you have no interest in the NFL on Saturday and are interviewing in secret for an NFL job on Tuesday... what a guy!!!

kelly royally f'd with the start of Kizer's career. That genie is out of the bottle. It is not unnoticed and will be used against us especially on the recruiting trail for the rest of his tenure.

Not to interrupt the Kelly pile on, but
by BigNDfan  (2017-04-14 07:27:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He meant what he was hearing around the NFL in regards to where Kizer would get drafted compared to other QBs in this class. The analysts try to line things up with where they'll actually get drafted as it gets closer to the draft.

it's a good thing we've got you here to set us straight
by jt  (2017-04-14 07:44:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are you trying to say that it isn't possible that Kizer is sliding down the respective boards due in part to what his college coach is saying to GM's? That would of course cause him to slide down the draft analysts board as well.

Correct.
by BigNDfan  (2017-04-14 23:14:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NFL scouts don't give a shit about what Kelly says about Kizer.

I'm not sure how he can "slide down" the draft boards. He was projected as a late first round or early 2nd round pick for quite some time. There's been no indications that the projection is changing.

Hell, the Bears have had him to Halas Hall twice and they pick 3rd.

oh, so what coaches say about their players has no effect?
by jt  (2017-04-15 09:21:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that would be false, by the way.

If you think teams...
by BigNDfan  (2017-04-15 11:38:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are sliding Kizer up or down the draft board based on Kelly's comments then I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.

Every team has teams of people evaluating these players. Especially when it comes to drafting a QB. They draw their own conclusions.

try answering the question I asked *
by jt  (2017-04-16 01:47:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly should be considered the ultimate contrarian indicator
by irishrock  (2017-04-14 08:48:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A Stanford HC Bill Walsh saying negative things about his QB (can't see that happening by the way) would raise suspicions with NFL GM's and coaches. Or good things.

With BK, you'd think people would "consider the source" and take the opposite side of the bet

As far as my opinion, when I read analysts say that, at his best, Kizer is the best QB. It's the "at his worse" analysis that is spooky. I believe Kizer's NFL development will be dependent on his coach and team situation. If he can get the right coach and a solid franchise, he's got a real shot at being a very good NFL QB. If he were to land in Jacksonville, he's likely toast

Mayock's a dipshit
by ACross  (2017-04-14 09:23:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The assclowns hung on his every word that polluted ND broadcasts.

If he believed himself to be credible at what he supposedly does -evaluate the strength and weakness of football players based on performance in games and perhaps combines . Then he shouldn't allow the equivalent of sneaking into the teacher's office and looking at the exam, then passing off the answer as his own.

What a fraud.

I don't know about Kizer. His handicap is the coaching he received and the system he came out of. I assume he can overcome both, given his size, his physical and arm strength, his football smarts, and his level headedness.

your last point is why I think he has some major upside
by irishrock  (2017-04-14 10:40:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

give him a really good QB coach, with a good coordinator who knows how to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses, with a solid HC/GM combo and I think his physical talents will be unleashed. He got NONE of that at ND...well maybe Sanford tried but BK got in the way.

If he doesn't get those things, then I see a potential short career for him.

He strikes me as a Roethlisberger type so I can definitely see him in a Steelers uniform.

I can't see him raping girls in bar bathrooms
by TAR  (2017-04-14 21:24:58)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So the rothlesberger comparison falls short.

I thought the delporables on this board are the only ones
by Jurassic  (2017-04-13 20:08:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who negatively effect recruiting. Screw the dickheaeded comments from the astute head coach who admits he did a lousy job coaching.

I did a lousy job & fired everyone. Come back for more! *
by cj  (2017-04-13 20:38:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does Kelly want him to go in the first round?
by irishrock  (2017-04-13 17:12:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does Kelly want him to be successful in the NFL?

If he is both of those things, it sure would call a lot of 2016 coaching into question

Most of those "unnamed" AFC head coaches are in the market
by bleedsgreen04  (2017-04-13 14:49:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for a new QB, particularly one such as Kizer who could sit behind Smith or Rivers for a year or two before truly being needed.

That sure does sound like someone we know.
by 84david  (2017-04-13 14:23:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I'm not sure the NFL cares what he thinks.

More unverifiable bullshit thats hard to dispute.

Cards like him.

that's bad, right?
by cujaysfan  (2017-04-13 13:48:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

most overrated QB of all time . . .
by Clarence Beeks  (2017-04-13 14:14:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

173 TD
220 INT

Scott Kacsmar considers him the least-deserving QB in HOF,
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-04-13 16:50:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but he also has Paul Hornung as the overall least-deserving player in the HOF.

But he made up for that with his sizzling 50% comp. rate...
by BeastOfBourbon  (2017-04-13 16:40:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and 65.5 QB rating. Super Bowl III was a fluke.

He looked good in pantyhose, though.

His performance in Super Bowl III wasn't a fluke
by ShermanOaksND  (2017-04-14 13:09:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was the first-team AFL QB for 1968.

But he was awful for most of the 1970s -- 76 TD and 116 INT. His only decent-to-good seasons in that stretch were 1972 and 1974. His 1970, 1971, and 1973 seasons were shortened by injuries, and by 1975 his knees were shot and he was basically immobile. He actually had a couple of decent games with the Rams in 1977, but the Monday night game at Chicago was a disaster and ended up being his final NFL game.

The rule changes made it a different game back then
by Irish7478  (2017-04-13 18:40:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Johnny Unitas had a 54% completion, and had 290 TD's with 253 interceptions. He was considered the greatest passer of the time.

That's some scoop.
by cj  (2017-04-13 13:16:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I find it hard to believe that any HC would say, "He's a diva, but don't say I said so...." At best, that would make the HC a major league gossip/sissy...

Don't give this guy the hits.

'bama tool bag....

Anonymous sourcing seems pretty common this time of year.
by tdiddy07  (2017-04-13 16:44:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although it's usually front office people. I don't doubt that it was said. But as noted within there could be several motivations for that.

yeah, you don't doubt. Because you're so astute. *
by ACross  (2017-04-13 18:06:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nothing warrants further self-reflection than criticism
by tdiddy07  (2017-04-13 19:02:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

from someone incapable of it.

An anonymous NFL GM told me that, "brian kelly is
by cj  (2017-04-13 16:53:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the most poised coach in college football."

I swear to it...

If Chase Goodbread is reporting, it must be true
by LateNiteNaugles  (2017-04-13 13:13:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I always think reports that come out now are disinformation.
by NDBass  (2017-04-13 13:07:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's getting close to draft time, so it's time for teams to start floating out rumors and whatnot to get players to fall to them.

Correct. Nothing said by NFL people can be taken
by Smokin_Clover  (2017-04-13 17:21:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at face value this time of year.

I agree. Add in agents of other top QB prospects, and
by MistakenD  (2017-04-13 13:54:11)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

you have too many people that can gain from a largely unfounded rumor.

If Kizer was a diva, he had ample opportunity to reveal it in the death throes of a 4-8 season.

I didn't see it. Admittedly, I'm not all that observant, but a poor sport usually doesn't get by me. Additionally, in-game sports producers would have been all over that narrative if their cameras had caught any such behavior.