$314 per ticket per game
by YADAYADAYADA (2017-03-15 09:40:40)

That's how much my family's season ticket renewal will cost. $6,600 to watch a 4-8 team run through fog and piped in music on artificial turf to play powerhouse programs like Temple, Miami (OH) and Wake Forest. Do you think they will show movies on the Jumbotron before we get our heads kicked in against USC?

Anyone who buys a ticket or attends a game is an enabler.
by atlantic3  (2017-03-21 08:45:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Notre Dame, Inc. understands one thing and one thing only.

If you buy a ticket or attend a game you have told the world that you are now "used to it."

Empty coffers (and maybe more importantly, and certainly more visibly) empty seats send the only message Notre Dame, Inc. understands.

Want to contribute to the demise of the program? Buy a ticket. Attend a game.

Why do so when you can watch the Miami University game on NBCSN?

I'm Done.
by Dogsndski  (2017-03-19 11:03:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I ate tickets to three games last year. My tickets this year are $8,800. I will see every game this year at less than half the cost, probably closer to a quarter the cost. It's crazy in my mind to renew. Back when I got them in the early 90's I would have bet money I'd keep them for life. Times have changed.

Don't bitch at us. You're dumb enough to pay it.
by beattherush  (2017-03-16 09:49:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If one is going to actually pay for the product anyway, well, then, that tells Notre Dame what you ultimately think of the product: it's worth the money.

Thanks for the valuable response.
by YADAYADAYADA  (2017-03-17 16:41:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Basic reading comprehension: I never said I was for sure going to pay. I simply stated how much it would cost. And simply stating anyone who pays that is "dumb" is an oversimplified generalization. I could make the same argument that it is dumb to follow a team who hadn't won anything in 108 years. But as a Cubs fan, I realize there is more to it.

Dont be snarky. You said will not would.
by airborneirish  (2017-03-17 20:13:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It can be inferred that you will buy the tickets.

Georgia must feel honored. *
by Wooderson  (2017-03-15 17:57:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just buy aftermarket tickets to the games you want.
by ND_Rumpus  (2017-03-15 13:48:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't fathom being required to buy tickets to a slate of horrible games at that price point.

It's not even worth entering the lottery- even if I get tickets to a game I'm interested in they're invariably horrible seats.

I can pick the one game I'm interested in without being locked in ahead of time, pay for tickets and still have a pile of money left over.

South Bend and paradise in the same sentence? *
by Friar  (2017-03-16 02:50:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Would you use Vivid or Stubhub? *
by Tinsu  (2017-03-15 13:53:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think it matters too much.
by ND_Rumpus  (2017-03-16 10:41:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've used both, also ebay, etc.

Vivid, of course. Why just read:
by OCND  (2017-03-15 14:00:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Each season, South Bend transforms into a college football paradise of tailgating and fired up Fighting Irish fans. From old rivals to new foes, with Notre Dame football tickets from Official Ticket Marketplace Vivid Seats, you won’t miss a minute of the action."

Compelling, isn't it? All aboard!

How much were they last year? *
by knott06  (2017-03-15 13:44:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Around $3,300. *
by YADAYADAYADA  (2017-03-15 17:33:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But they created "affordable price points!"
by randalgraves  (2017-03-15 11:54:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

https://twitter.com/kpdlbc/status/827877835977129986

I never quite understand these posts.
by OCND  (2017-03-15 11:15:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"Let me list the reasons why my season ticket renewal is not worth the money."

Yet it is implied you will indeed be renewing.

This is trolling, right? Nothing else makes sense.

And now for the airing of grievances.
by YADAYADAYADA  (2017-03-15 11:29:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I did not find out the price until yesterday. Like I mentioned in other replies, the tickets are under my Dad's name, so it is ultimately his call, not mine. I usually split the tickets with him. I'm having a really hard time justifying paying that much.

That's only $.75 cents/yard of Big Chunk offense! *
by Chronicle  (2017-03-15 11:12:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's a simple solution.
by BottleofRed  (2017-03-15 11:02:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't pay for the tickets. When enough long-time season ticket holders finally say enough is enough, it might actually get their attention. I guarantee that you'll be able to get tickets to Miami for less than $314.

There will be some gullible fool to buy those pricey tickets
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2017-03-15 15:21:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seamus O'Irish, '67 loves to drag his family out to South Bend for a few games and bills the entire trip to his law firm.

I think if enough longtime season ticket holders fail to renew their tickets, the University will have a long line of willing takers to spend their $$$$ on that Miami game.

Hey!! Easy pal.... *
by seamus85  (2017-03-16 08:50:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Miami's a real barnburner *
by ACross  (2017-03-15 12:53:00)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That is the logical solution.
by YADAYADAYADA  (2017-03-15 11:24:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But I think ND is counting on enough saps (like me) to use their heart instead of their head. My head is telling me drop the tickets. But I can't help but think of all the great memories I've had in those seats and how I want to bring my kids someday. That is, if the team is worth watching in 10 years.

It's kind of a prisoner's dilemma, no? If everyone, or almost everyone drops the season tickets, we get the change we want. But if I drop and not enough people follow, I don't have season tickets and no change occurs.

I understand the choice you're facing.
by BottleofRed  (2017-03-15 14:52:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My dad and I are dealing with the same thing. Our season tickets have been in the family almost 60 years. We've been to some amazing games together and we've sat through some real shit. We saw us lose to Navy and Air Force in consecutive weeks and we live 750 miles away. Even in the midst of the 2007 season, we always felt there was a reason to hope that the team would get better.

But that hope has been thoroughly destroyed. We're on academic probation. We've had to vacate wins. The coach is an incompetent ass who managed a 4-8 record in his 7th season and kept his job. The AD is a pompous ass who thinks we should all just be happy to sit on our favorite bench and marvel at our new fucking jumbotron. They have turned Notre Dame stadium into every other B level program stadium in the country and they're proud of it. The place where my dad and I have our best memories doesn't exist anymore so that makes it a little easier to give up our tickets.

The last sentence of your post nails it.
by wearendhockey  (2017-03-19 16:57:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Notre Dame may even win big games again in the future, but the place we came to love is gone and will never return. And if that happens again, perhaps the demand will have withered so much that it will be possible to get in on the ground floor again.

By the way
by HTownND  (2017-03-15 17:51:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When will we know the results of the appeal of the vacated wins, and what's the rule, are we allowed to claim the results until the appeal is heard?

If no change occurs, why would you want season tickets? *
by tdiddy07  (2017-03-15 13:00:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Additionally.
by jakam31  (2017-03-15 18:07:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If stories of people getting calls asking if they want season tickets are true, there is no season ticket holders waiting list. Why fork over that kind of money when you can buy tickets on the secondary market for a fraction of the price. You're throwing money away IMO.

I pity the fool...
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-03-15 12:45:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

$7K for college football tickets, bad college football and all.

How about you put some of that good money start a fund towards a college basketball facility.

Here's your solution.
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-03-15 12:10:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Save $6600 this year. Save $6600 (or more) next year.

Now you've got at least $13K saved up. That should be a nice little fund to get you seats to whatever games you want to take your kids to in the future.

Tickets, even good ones, generally aren't hard to come by, and in the occasional big game/big season where they are, you'll easily have enough money saved up to get them anyway.

Think of how much the SB Center for the Homeless
by Saxattack29  (2017-03-15 19:11:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

could use that money!

Here's how I would handle it.
by Tonybullets  (2017-03-15 13:51:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First half of the money:

Donate $3,300 to charity (maybe Notre Dame). Spend $3,300 in "enhanced travel" i.e. limos to some home games. Goal here is to get the warm and fuzzies.

Second half of the money:

Use the $6,600 to buy tickets and travel to the best 3-4 away games over the next 2 years. (Visit Across in Napa for Stanford, make the trip to Georgia, etc)

Tickets for huge demand games are rarely more than $300
by Otter  (2017-03-15 13:24:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At four tickets for a game, one could budget $5000 a year and attend the top 4 ND games of his/her choosing. And those games could be home or away or even a bowl game.

Paying $6600 and then trying to dump tickets to UMASS for $25 makes no sense.

I get a call every year
by BmoreIrish  (2017-03-15 11:35:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Asking if I want to buy season tickets. I always say no. Something tells me that if you give them up it won't be too hard to get them back (perhaps without some seating priority, not sure how it works.)

$314 a ticket is ridiculous. What perks are there in having season tickets if you have to pay double or triple face value?

correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 2017 is...
by DavidAddison  (2017-03-15 17:53:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the first year that NEW season ticket holders and long-time season ticket holders will pay the same amount, depending on location. Previously, I believe old timers got a significant discount in the building fund contribution when compared to the new ones they were selling.

I believe that is all in the past now, however.

This is good to know.
by YADAYADAYADA  (2017-03-15 12:10:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for the info. I had no idea if there was a wait-list or how high demand was.

At this time there is essentially no waiting list. 2 years
by Fasted68  (2017-03-15 12:49:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ago we applied and got great seats in sevtion 126. They will probably be available this year.

I got 4 separate calls offering me season tickets.
by OCND  (2017-03-15 12:56:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not an alum, other than an Executive Ed program. I've never given money. Make of that what you will.

Completely contradicts the way it used to be.
by Jurassic  (2017-03-15 13:18:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Family business in South Bend worked with the University for many years dating back to the 50's. Business closed eventually, but the company still made yearly donations keeping season tickets. Sometime in '93 someone reported the business had closed to the University, and poof. Season tickets which were in the family for nearly 40-years were gone.

I have some intel on who is responsible for that price.
by Moff  (2017-03-15 10:57:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The buyers.

....for the ND "fans" idiotic enough to support that crap
by Hanratty5ND  (2017-03-15 10:36:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sorry, but I'm no longer a ND football fan. That came to an end last year(should have been sooner--stupid me). I hope they go 0-12 as long as Jenkins and Co. are still there.

The BOT has failed ND. The buck stops with them.
Until they get their heads out of their ass, ND will have shitty leadership/coaching and will continue to live off the past because the present and future doesn't offer much.

The morons at the top don't see the hourglass...
by cj  (2017-03-15 11:57:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pouring through that glass are sub alum, alum .... others that remember the glory, tradition, humility, commitment to unparrallleled excellence ..... both on and off the field of Notre Dame.
These folks that would regale tales of a small Catholic school achieving an incredible level success to their children, grandchildren. nieces, nephews, friends are a dying breed....I am among them.
We continue to squander goodwill, our traditions.... Right now we are unrecognizable.
The fact that men who have zero experience running a football team choose to do so is a testament to their despicable egos, recklessness and foolishness.
All I can say is, it is obvious to me that jenkins and swarbrick hate Notre Dame.
Watch both hitch their wagons to the ND basketball team these next weeks.
Hey, Nolan you piss ant, why not ask these jackasses what they have done for Brey relative to the worst HC to walk our football sidelines?
NyIrish08 had the good fortune to tell swarbrick to "fire kelly" after the Duke game. He was met with rat face growling, "ND". What a douchebag swarbrick is.....
I would love to hear a fire kelly cheer at the Princeton game....other ND games.....

Disagree with your last point
by BmoreIrish  (2017-03-15 12:23:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have no problem with someone making that statement to Swarbrick, but I think it would be terribly disrespectful to Brey and the basketball team to start a Fire Kelly chant during the game.

In fact, I'd love to see people who are not spending their money in support of football use it on basketball. I attended all three ACC tournament games, and our turnout, especially on Friday night, was embarrassing.

I would say that I'm a fan, however
by vermin05  (2017-03-15 11:18:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I strongly believe this program is collapsing and will die if BK and friends remain in charge. I also strongly believe that our esteemed AD stuck his neck out this past off season to save BK so he didn't look like a moran for extending his contract last year. The only way I see both of these losers being fired is complete failure next year. Only said failure will cause Jack to be fired, which I believe is essential to fixing the football program.

Therefore, I do hope that ND goes 0-12 next year for the greater good. I also strongly expect that this summer some player is going to mess up this and make the news. I don't hope that this will happen for the player, but knowing the caliber of our HC and the hatred the SPPD and ISP have towards ND I think it is inevitable it will happen. The only silver lining will be that it will be yet another example of BK and JS failure at their jobs.

I will not be attending a single game this year, down from my usual 3-4 games because quite frankly I can spend far less money to do an activity I know I will enjoy.

I wonder why prices are so high
by garbageplate  (2017-03-15 10:34:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps it's because suckers continue to pay up even when they hate the product.

So cancel. *
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-03-15 10:32:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And you will, no doubt, pay up, right? *
by Boomer80  (2017-03-15 09:48:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The tickets are in my Dad's name.
by YADAYADAYADA  (2017-03-15 11:19:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He has talked about transferring them over to me but I am not sure how much that will cost.

At this point, I am considering paying with the hope that Kelly may be gone next year and we will actually have a coach I don't despise.

That, and they are throwing in the original bench seats for "no additional cost"!

I'm a sentimental person and the fact that I've sat in those same seats with my Dad for over 30 years makes it tough for me to just give them up. They are great seats. 27 rows from the field in the end zone Reggie Brooks caught the two-point conversion in the Snow Bowl.

I was there for that catch
by Sec21atlanta  (2017-03-15 12:27:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sec 21 Row 13 Seat 4

They were my dad's and i gave them

Have not missed it.

fyi transfers are free until May 1 *
by DavidAddison  (2017-03-15 11:40:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post