If we have today's play calling or run/pass ratio we lose two
by Harry Oliver (2014-12-30 20:23:28)

Games at most. I hope the lesson was learned.

had...would have lost. *
by Revue Party  (2014-12-30 23:02:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly doesn't learn lessons. Lessons learn him *
by Bagimus Maximus  (2014-12-30 22:17:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We thought that lesson was learned in 2012 *
by Ccndbound  (2014-12-30 22:02:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With a simpler game plan we can play faster. I think this
by cj  (2014-12-30 21:53:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

may have been the fastest his ND offense has played...

I don't have any stats to support it, but I don't think the play clock was ever an issue...

Except for the first play of game. *
by irishhawk49  (2014-12-30 22:16:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My heart was in my stomach. Holy sh**.... *
by cj  (2014-12-30 23:00:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

perhaps the worst tense and mood in a post in history *
by ACross  (2014-12-30 21:44:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To the point that I have no idea which season the statement
by VaDblDmr  (2014-12-30 21:58:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

applies to.

Kelly's post game comments
by NDPittsburgh  (2014-12-30 21:15:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

basically just blamed the losses this year on a couple of missed kicks...He said today ND made the kick...don't think he learned any lesson. Its a shame because I agree with you. He should be recruiting a few more RBs too.

Really like Prosise carrying the seed....Good speed... *
by Wolfetone  (2014-12-30 21:29:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With the caveat that that's how we practice.
by Rilo  (2014-12-30 20:41:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My suspicion is that Golson's shoulder is still gimpy. His out pattern throws were very pedestrian for him and his normal arm strength. I think Kelly obviously knew that and focused on running the ball in the bowl game prep and named Zaire the starter because he's a much better option for that kind of game, the same way Hendrix was a few years ago.

I just don't think Kelly is used to having the raw talent at OL to run over people. Hopefully, the seemingly serendipitous running of the ball down the throat of the SECs best defense will spark something, but we'll have to wait and see.

I'm hopeful, but not particularly optimistic.
by AZDomer  (2014-12-30 20:38:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm really hoping this wasn't a game plan of necessity by Kelly. If he thinks he just needs time to develop Zaire as a passer to implement his full system, it will be bad.

I am wary of backsliding. Battered wife ND fan I suppose.

Of course it was a game plan of necessity
by comarionnd  (2014-12-30 21:00:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He explicitly said that. As was every game of 2012. That's when he wins at ND, when he's limited and has to have a balanced offense.

That said, it was a great game plan and I and I loved every second of it. Beating an SEC team while dominating the line and TOP is a very good thing.

His problem is he should have realized he needed to protect
by NDBob  (2014-12-30 21:00:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his defense more back in October.

His problem is he should have realized he needed to protect
by NDBob  (2014-12-30 21:00:46)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his defense more back in October.