Where are the BK critics???
by PHIL_94 (2014-12-30 18:23:13)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Rock's House ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

beating a much better LSU team (according to EVRYONE on this board ahead of the game).. I do no think BK is the answer, but he is not the problem

He apparently did a passable Lou Holtz impersonation
by oldirishfan  (2014-12-31 08:50:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yesterday. My prediction for 2015 is a reversion to form for him with a pass happy offense and possibly two deer in a headlight QBs next year. Zaire is going to prove even less capable of running his Pop Warner offense than Golson. Maybe he will return to the 2012 philosophy where he protects an inexperienced QB. I'm not holding my breath. But for now We are the FRANKLIN MORTGAGE MUSIC CITY BOWL CHAMPS baby. I haven't felt this good since we won the Pinstripe Bowl

Franklin?
by pmac98  (2014-12-31 09:44:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought we would win.
by Revue Party  (2014-12-30 22:46:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I always think that. It's a problem.

As for Brian Kelly critics? I'm right here.

Brian Kelly coached an outstanding game. Like most things in life, it does not erase the stretch of horrible coaching that we endured since leaving Tallahassee. He was the problem during that stretch.

His national championship quarterback was out of sorts, and he kept the kid in games long past necessity. As we see now, there was someone on the bench ready to step up.

His record setting kicker was out of sorts, so he threw the kid under the bus after his own bonehead 2-point conversion decision.

His go-to running back fumbled at a crucial moment.

When one player is in a slump. It's a slump. When a bunch are, it's the coach.

Brian Kelly coached an excellent game today. He coached an excellent game against FSU despite the loss. Those two statements make his failures between those two games even more frustrating. This team should be 10-3 at worst. Losing to Northwestern was hair-brained on his part. Louisville was a winnable game and I put Brindza's miss at the end on Kelly for throwing the kid under the bus.

Lou Somogyi made a comparison of Brindza's senior year troubles to John Carney's senior year troubles. What he missed was the part of the cause - Holtz changed holders. In '86 it was at the beginning of the season. But I think the change affected Brindza too, depsite the other holder's struggles.

I have no problem criticizing Brian Kelly's past failures while enjoying his successes. Today was a big success.

If he's not the answer, he's not the answer.
by Bruno95  (2014-12-30 19:38:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have enough tools to beat LSU. So why did we lose to NW and Louisville?

Don't harsh my post-win buzz. Did you see the USC game?
by JTG  (2014-12-30 19:16:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I had to sit through that entire miserable game at the Coliseum with a group of Trojan fans, and it was excruciating. I'd have traded five wins over LSU for a win over USC, and yet, we were humiliated by a team that is above average, at best.

That said, I'm incredibly happy with the win today, and it was great seeing "our lads" win, especially those, like Brindza, who have had a really rough year. But watching us win today was a reminder of how much better we could have been all year long if Kelly had simply focused on the basics, like we saw today. I pray that the end of the season and today were a "teachable moment" for Kelly, and that we see more of the same in the future.

When will these jerks learn? *
by Chuck84  (2014-12-30 19:14:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He gets criticised because there are enough data
by guinness1940  (2014-12-30 19:05:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

points for Kelly to realise how his offense should be run, yet rather than stick to it he throws it all over the yard more often than not and it costs us games every freaking year

He knows how to win, but refuses to follow that pattern consistently. It's infuriating

Enjoying the win and the illusion of a healthy program
by captaineclectic  (2014-12-30 19:01:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For the rest of the evening.

Still right here. Same as I ever was. Enjoying the win.
by The Flash  (2014-12-30 18:58:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lamenting BK's and BVG's lack of adaptability in the second half of the season.

I'm your Huckleberry
by IrishLep  (2014-12-30 18:56:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hats of to Kelly and the players for an outstanding win today. Now, if Kelly can commit to an offense like this one today and the one in 2012, he'll be at ND for a while. He's proven that he cannot however. He needs to address special teams as well. Oh, and don't throw your players under the fucking bus in the media. Talk to them behind close doors if you have a problem

I'm glad you gave them a chance to open up
by DakotaDomer  (2014-12-30 18:55:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The board was so depressingly happy before you asked people to help you fuck it up.

Right here. He basically ran the O I've suggested all year
by irishrock  (2014-12-30 18:54:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Run the ball and control clock. Rely on all 11 players, not one single player.

Kelly the Normal is a problem. Kelly the Today was the answer

Edited...when I used the word "I" it was not meant that I was the only guy suggesting it...most of this board said the same exact thing

The series after the LSU fumble - when Golson chucked it
by irishbantam  (2014-12-30 18:53:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

twice was horrific and almost cost us the game. The players won this game. The line played terrific - as did Zaire. D played well when it counted. Kelly got out of the way and we won.

He has done an admirable job recruiting.

still a critic here, what if that game plan was all year? *
by discNDav  (2014-12-30 18:52:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Kelly called every game that way, he wouldn't have...
by GeronimoRumplestiltskin  (2014-12-30 18:48:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...a single detractor on this board.

This is no more helpful than someone calling out
by SEE  (2014-12-30 18:45:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly supporters.

He just beat Les Miles, the coach who does even less
by dulac89  (2014-12-30 18:42:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and is even more inconsistent with great talent than Brian Kelly.

But it's a win over a good if not great SEC team, and it should be savored.

Don't let Raoul read this. He knows better. *
by PabloFanque  (2014-12-30 18:48:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

2015 will tell the tale. *
by G.K.Chesterton  (2014-12-30 18:41:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The tale has already been told *
by vicmackey  (2014-12-30 18:45:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where was Zaire earlier in the season? What other talent is
by cj  (2014-12-30 18:40:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

trapped?

This is an excellent win because it took us out of a tailspin and will help the off season.

We're no longer defending Pinstripe Bowl champs, but defending Music City champs.

Zaire played terrifically despite every attempt by numskull to freeze him...

As I said in response to, "What evidence does anyone have that we will play well?" Response: "Law of averages...we can't possibly be this bad...."

It's amazing what can be accomplished by this team when it follows the simple blueprint many on this board regularly point out/tout.

Did you notice the high percentage pass package to ease Zaire in?

Zaire, Folston, Procise, Koyack and others really manned up...

Great great win.

Right here. Hope that's his ticket out of town
by NDEE01  (2014-12-30 18:37:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

8-5. Whoopie!

Look below. Most of them are below this post *
by KLav18  (2014-12-30 18:37:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tone it down.
by Airborneirish  (2014-12-30 18:37:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kelly sucks.

Putting Golson in at the end was inspired.
by PaulM  (2014-12-30 18:37:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Golson had his problems, and a lot of coaches would have glued him to the bench, but Kelly had a lot of faith to put him in the game at the end and Golson responded.

The only blatantly bad decision I saw was choosing not to run inside on 4th and 2 after our O line had been doing so well, instead going outside to Zaire for a loss.

I really enjoyed that game, and I'm glad the season is ending on a positive note.

F *
by Jack Daniels  (2014-12-30 18:37:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Right ...
by CJC  (2014-12-30 18:36:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

fucking here.

Kelly wasn't hired to beat 8-4 teams in bowl games played during normal business hours.

Nor was he hired to go 8-5, 8-5, 12-1, 9-4 and 8-5.

So I expect I'll be right fucking here for a long fucking time.

Oyez! Oyez! *
by Khaddafi  (2014-12-31 13:52:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Amen *
by IrishLep  (2014-12-30 18:57:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

8-5 is good enough for you? *
by Rpm04  (2014-12-30 18:35:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Today's gameplan shows the failures of the season
by knutesteen  (2014-12-30 18:33:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Recognition that running the football is both effective on offense and keeps a depleted degense off the field won the game todat but is inexcusably the reason we lost several games after the FSU "loss."

He did his best to lose the game. However, he finally
by PabloFanque  (2014-12-30 18:32:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

listened to me.

Run the fucking ball to set up the pass. Control the clock. Keep the defense off the field. Win the game.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. At least he didn't have the QBs wing the ball all over the field.

Great win team!

are you his wife or assistant coach? perhaps a mentor?
by gowings1  (2014-12-30 18:58:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If not, my guess is he wasn't listening to you. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Obviously you are new here or you would know my rant
by PabloFanque  (2014-12-30 19:02:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Run the fucking ball to set up the pass. Control the clock. Keep the defense off the field. Win the game.

Been posting this for over a year. Nice try though....

probably been around a lot longer than you.
by gowings1  (2014-12-30 22:35:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just usually choose not to read your posts. Obviously I have missed nothing by not reading them. Nice try though....

It was a game
by heyder  (2014-12-30 18:35:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

there for the losin'.

As I mentioned to my son, following several screams at calls during the game: "Looks like Kelly put on his big boy pants." Did what it took to win.

Lucky for us Miles is more stupid. BK wins the tallest
by PabloFanque  (2014-12-30 18:38:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

midget contest. Great win for the kids.

Ah yes
by tcfc  (2014-12-30 18:57:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Miles is an idiot post.

The coach who almost beat Bama this year is now a complete moron.

What was your pregame prediction?

I figured Kelly was 'stoopider' and we would lose. Glad
by PabloFanque  (2014-12-30 19:09:37)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was wrong today.

How the hell did LSU not win a NC last year
by sactophillycnxn  (2014-12-30 18:54:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Odell Beckham. Jeremy hill. Alfred blue. Mettnberger. Ego ferguson. Jarvis Landry.

Amazing this team had 3 losses.

Les Miles *
by PabloFanque  (2014-12-30 18:56:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I would like to think
by heyder  (2014-12-30 18:46:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that our talent is that good, that properly utilized, along the lines expressed today, that decent coaching is all that is needed.Not Urbanesque/Sabanesque coaching. That is, it wasn't so much that Les Miles is more stupid, but that ND's talent, all things [stupid] being equal, wins.

If applied, ND competes with the elite teams.

Totally agree. If we only had a smart coach who played
by PabloFanque  (2014-12-30 18:50:25)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to our strengths instead of his Xbox.

Yeah, MIles' a real midget with a ring and .780 win % at LSU *
by Raoul  (2014-12-30 18:42:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This (link)
by PabloFanque  (2014-12-30 19:23:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A win against a 22nd-ranked team fixed everything?
by humbaba  (2014-12-30 18:31:53)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's standard-issue fool's gold*

*A win against a big-name but not necessarily strong team that makes rubes think that their program has turned some kind of corner.

Present! *
by Mike Honcho  (2014-12-30 18:31:44)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why do this to yourself?
by JBrock18  (2014-12-30 18:30:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was a nice win and I am admittedly a Kelly apologist but it's one game. I want a playoff run next year using this 2 QB system if necessary. It's up to Kelly to figure it out but the returning players leave me to a final four opportunity or bust.

dumbest post of the year
by nd57  (2014-12-30 18:30:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

only 30 hours left to top it

There was a far dumber one a few threads down.
by potatohouse  (2014-12-30 18:32:57)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it looks like it went the way of the dinosaurs...

Right here. Today proved what an idiot he is. As I said
by btd  (2014-12-30 18:30:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Before the game this morning, kelly knows exactly what needs to happen to win at ND and he simply has refused to do it. Yes, he did it today. Yes, he did it in 2012 until the titl game when he abandoned what got him there. What the shows is he is a moron for not doing what he did today all year long. It has been incredibly obvious that today's offense is the correct one. When he uses it we win - yet he still refuses to cement it in.

Good news is we get to see if in 2015 the guy finally does what a freaking two year old has known for years running now and runs the shit out of the ball every single game.

If he could have gotten out of his own damn way
by HowardRoark  (2014-12-30 18:29:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he'd likely have a title by now. If not, he'd be actually "in the conversation." He certainly would have drastically reduced his total number of losses from 20, probably at least in half, if not better. If he had committed to this type of game plan for his entire time here, instead of in spurts, he could easily be 55-10 and we'd be having very different conversations about his prospects going forward.

Instead, we get to have conversations all offseason about how likely it is that he'll recognize success running the damn ball as a good thing instead of trying to make sure we get used to it.

Did you miss the last 5 games?
by NDde  (2014-12-30 18:27:38)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He did a great job today, but why did it take him 4 losses to figure out how to coach this team?

I don't think there is anything wrong with being a BK critic
by FourLeafDomer  (2014-12-30 18:27:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

after the play this season.

There were a number of LSU pre-game bed-wetters that should stand for their wet-noodle lashes though.

Eating Crow for this game.
by ndmdchgo  (2014-12-30 18:27:07)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Happy to do it.
But we still lost to Northwestern.

Present *
by Groundhog  (2014-12-30 18:26:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Enjoy the win, but don't be silly.....
by Marine Domer  (2014-12-30 18:26:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are many reasons to criticize Kelly. He came up with a nice game plan and called a nice game today. Let's not play gotcha. I was happy with the win, but after this season Kelly has a ways to go for me to buy back in.

Right here
by ndfansinceara  (2014-12-30 18:26:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Crazy what happens when you play physical football & put away the playstation offense.....I serious hope you're just trolling & not really that stupid!

Nice English *
by dwjm3  (2014-12-30 18:26:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm here
by HTownND  (2014-12-30 18:26:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And given the shit show against Northwestern, I'd say those two games are a wash.

right here
by TAG  (2014-12-30 18:25:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to me, this win shows what this team could have done if it wasn't for the bone-headed game plans in ASU, NU, and Louisville.

nevertheless, it's finally good to win a real game

Viva mediocrity! *
by vicmackey  (2014-12-30 18:25:39)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Right here, and what JT said
by El Kabong  (2014-12-30 18:25:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If we'd seen this scheme earlier this year, we might be playing on Thursday.

I'm happy with the win, but let's not pretend this makes things all better.

When he calls a game like that, he's great.
by KeoughCharles05  (2014-12-30 18:25:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When he reverts to the empty set (which he tried to do in the middle of the 3rd quarter) he is absolutely the problem.

This isn't hard. When BK gets his head out of his ass and commits to running the ball and controlling the clock, he wins. When he doesn't, his teams are incredibly inconsistent.

All is well! *
by harmonica  (2014-12-30 18:24:59)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We are 8 and friggin' 5.
by ewillND  (2014-12-30 18:24:52)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where exactly do you think the problem is? Which of those 5 losses had more talent than we did?

Imagine our record if he ran that offense all year *
by God-Country-ND  (2014-12-30 18:24:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The head coach isn't the answer or the problem? *
by JClarke  (2014-12-30 18:24:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he absolutely is a big part of the problem
by jt  (2014-12-30 18:24:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

where was that gameplan against Sc? Where was that scheme against our 2013 schedule?

What's alarming is he showed he could do it today
by JBrock18  (2014-12-30 18:32:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And has at other times. Yet he face fucks himself 80% of the time.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.