Dylan Edwards transfers to K-State. (link)
by irishhawk49 (2024-04-28 14:59:45)

Does anyone have a rough idea of how many transfers CU had
by drmurray  (2024-04-29 09:29:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

AFTER the great Deon’s first coaching season?

I hope we can stop hearing about how great he is on ESPN

they're still getting a few per day
by jt  (2024-04-30 13:32:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

spring practice just ended, after all.

More leaving than arriving
by Wass  (2024-04-30 14:35:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sanders is replacing his entire OL and DL. He's bringing in around 10 DLs. Instead of developing players, he is taking a lot of players, finding some starters, and heck with the rest, they can jump in the portal. This isn't exactly the way to do things. Everything is hope and a prayer that the players he brings in will plug into his system. Of course, his system is to showcae his two kids and Travis Hunter, so the rest are disposable. So many players he brought in bought into his BS and are now back into the portal looking for a landing spot on short notice. He moved his spring game to last Saturday for a reason.

yes, many more leaving
by jt  (2024-05-01 13:15:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's a circus over there in Boulder. They have some good players and they'll play in a weaker conference next year, so that should help them but it is still a mess and a terrible way to run a program.

51 in, 56 out
by Wass  (2024-04-29 10:18:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...roughly speaking. Many of those transfers in are back in the portal, and a number out never found a landing spot. It's like a shotgun shell full of sh*t - shoot it at a wall and hope some of the pellets stick. He already has over 30 coming in and 30 going out. In Sanders' mind, it's the kids that are letting HIM down because they are getting the coaching they need to succeed.

very common at FCS schools to see those numbers
by jt  (2024-04-29 11:05:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

not so common at a power 4 school, but that's CU.

I believe Austin Peay had something like 65 out, 66 in but I am not entirely positive. Complete roster turnover from year to year; that loudmouth coach from "Last Chance U" was interviewed a few weeks back and he was talking about how he would thrive in today's environment because this is all juco's did back in the day--try and steal everyone's players from one big run and then repeat it next year.

Seems like the FCS schools...
by Wass  (2024-04-29 11:20:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...are the present day "JUCOs". A lot of players drop down to them for a variety of reasons, often to get PT in an attempt to go back up to the FBS. The G5 schools also have that problem, where their best players are poached by the P4 schools (though the MAC seemed to have a number of players drafted this year). Fiske, a DT that ND wanted, went to FSU and really helped his draft status, and pocketbook, by doing so. Of course, the G5 schools can use the portal to fill their rosters with good players that were buried on the depth charts of P4 schools. (On a side note, a grad transfer punter from Ball State just jumped in...I wonder if ND will give him a look? I doubt ND wants to give a schollie to a punter at this point though.)

applies to everyone except the top of the top P4 schools
by jt  (2024-04-29 13:48:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in some way, shape, or form most of the teams have become juco in nature, it's just that some embrace it more than others.

This has to change. It's bad for the game, bad for the coaches, bad for the players, and bad for the fans.

You'll get argument from me
by Wass  (2024-04-29 14:09:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My dad and I talk about this quite often. He said there is no loyalty or commitment from anyone (players, coaches, adminstrators, etc.); it's all about the money. Look at the volume of players who have left after one year, not wanting to "pay there dues". Granted, you'll always have players who get buried in the depth chart, who don't like the university, want out from a coaching change, etc., but it is so much worse now with the portal. It's hard for the smaller schools or the schools with less capital (in the form of "donors") to realistically compete, yet they are thrown to the wolves all too often with the power schools who want to fill out their schedule. I feel that they power schools, if they form their own "league" or "super conference", should only play within that group. That is unlikely to happen though.

That is "no argument"... *
by Wass  (2024-04-29 17:27:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thought so. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-29 17:36:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wass knows better than to argue with me
by jt  (2024-04-30 08:31:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just kidding wass

My editing skills have really deteriorated
by Wass  (2024-04-30 14:38:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can't believe I missed something that obvious. I can't blame chemo fog on that one.

I thought his entire logic of de-committing from ND was
by irishrock  (2024-04-28 18:57:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his family's connection with Sanders. I'm not lamenting the loss, whatsoever...ND has so many athletesand who knows if kid would max out in South Bend, but his departure from Colorado and Sanders is hard to understand.

The minute Sanders's kid leaves CU, Prime leaves Colorado.

He is absolutely gone when his kids are done
by JBrock18  (2024-04-29 09:53:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was saying this from Day 1. They will stink again this year too

I thought the same thing
by Wass  (2024-04-29 10:23:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He'll attempt to take a "better" job once his kids and Hunter go pro. I always figured he would take a pro job or one of the Florida jobs (if one opens up) when that happens. But he'll have to win this season. And, yeah, CU will be terrible once he leaves. He brought in only 6 or 7 recruits last year and many from his first class at CU have gone in the portal. His strategy for building a team is only useful in the short term.

If you consider 4-8, “useful”
by ram  (2024-04-29 11:04:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He’s a horrible coach
He will continue to downward spiral

I predict this will be Deion’s last year. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-29 20:27:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sounds like he’s having second thoughts about where his
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-28 19:03:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

next stop will be. He must be a head case.
I saw him play in high school. He was electric. It looked like all the other players were running in quick sand. Really impressive high school player.

Good landing spot for him
by Wass  (2024-04-28 16:31:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's "home" for him and KSU is a good program where he has a good chance to play right away. I always thought is was a mistake for him to go to CU and buy into Sanders' "plan", but he would be buried in the depth chart at ND.

That was quick...
by Wass  (2024-04-28 18:08:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...according to 24/7, he's back in the portal. Sounds like he got a sweeter deal.

That’s crazy. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-28 19:03:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They took it down
by Wass  (2024-04-29 10:01:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently, someone made a mistake and had him back in the portal. I was a bit skeptical of it when I saw it, but it would be the first time (including this cycle) that someone committed one school and then jumped back in later.