Trev Alberts takes the A&M AD job.
by TWO (2024-03-13 23:41:50)

That's huge shock to me, he's one of their legends, Alum, AA Football player, I'd figured he'd never leave. It was home, the Motherland as my Neb buddy tells me.

Texas A&M has hired Nebraska's Trev Alberts as the Aggies' new director of athletics, the school announced on Wednesday.

Alberts was expected to get a five-year deal with Texas A&M that will put him near the top of the SEC and among the top 10 athletic directors nationally in terms of salary, sources tell ESPN's Pete Thamel.

Luckily A&M doesn't have a wrestling team. Trev would ax
by jimmypop  (2024-03-18 16:03:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it in a heartbeat to free up some NIL money or something else stupid. I wouldn't hire him after what he pulled at Nebraska Omaha.

Bill Byrne redux - this is the 2nd UNL AD
by ndhouston  (2024-03-15 14:21:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That has been hired away to College Station.

I can see why A&M is a much better job, but I have no idea why A&M needs to recruit someone from Nebraska for this position. Given their status as the stupidest money in the sport, A&M ought to hire their AD from one of the sovereign wealth investment funds in the Middle East.

"[A&M is the] stupidest money in the sport"...
by austindomer  (2024-03-20 12:32:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...until they aren't.

The A&M administration is maniacal in its focus on becoming a top-tier football team and they're willing to invest vast sums of money to get there. They have the relentless optimism of an early 20th century wildcatter drilling well after well, knowing that he only has to hit once.

I may not like their program or the way they're going about reaching their goal, but I respect the single-minded drive for greatness. Sooner or later, it will pay off.

Word is Neb is going down the drain
by Wooderson  (2024-03-14 12:57:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

BoT is pushing anti-woke agenda, and generally incompetent, and he's getting out of dodge.

That makes no sense at all.
by usaf_irish  (2024-03-15 17:25:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Ditching Lincoln for one of the most conservative colleges in America over idealism? That’s insanity at its finest

oh, that's the word?
by jt  (2024-03-15 16:54:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder what the first clue was?

Would like to know more. Sources? *
by Ryno  (2024-03-15 15:04:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Maybe he saw the future of Cornsucker football; none *
by cujays96  (2024-03-14 08:21:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he saw the future; he can't afford it *
by jt  (2024-03-14 12:23:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can see why TAMU wanted him, he really turned NU around
by DakotaDomer  (2024-03-14 08:46:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They were headed to the toilet and he turned them 360 degrees around and precisely guided them into the toilet.

"...he turned them 360 degrees around..."
by mkovac  (2024-03-25 17:17:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

well done. likes.

A&M has the most inefficient use of resources
by jt  (2024-03-14 22:53:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seriously, they waste so much on mediocrity.

Strong candidate - I can't think of a better example *
by DakotaDomer  (2024-03-15 15:02:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Like a record
by drmurray  (2024-03-14 10:06:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Trev can be convincing

I think it makes cents *
by drmurray  (2024-03-14 08:10:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That's why the nickel jumped off the Empire State Building
by SWPaDem  (2024-03-15 07:46:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and the dime didn't on a dare.