The Mac Jones Era has ended in New England
by sprack (2024-03-10 14:42:23)

First round pick traded for a 6th round pick.

He gets to be Trevor Lawrence’s backup in Jacksonville.

I can't believe Dallas gave up a 4th for Trey Lance
by jt  (2024-03-10 16:12:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

sucks to miss on a high first round pick at qb like that, but I give both organizations credit--they moved on once they made up their mind that it wasn't going to work.

The other interesting part is the Alabama qb thing
by sprack  (2024-03-10 16:53:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm no NFL scout or anything, but to me it's not that surprising that Tua and Hurts are the successful starters and that Jones isn't. He seemed like one of Saban's very effective game managers, like McElroy, McCarron and Coker, but not in the same ballpark as Tua or Hurts talent-wise.

I wonder if he had played anywhere else if he'd have been a first rounder.

He was also throwing to some incredible WR's. *
by TWO  (2024-03-10 21:17:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Indeed, included a Heisman winner, who, as great as he was
by sprack  (2024-03-11 10:50:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

might not have even been the best receiver on the team.

And behind an incredible OL...with incredible RB's
by Queensman  (2024-03-11 10:25:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When the 10 guys you line up with are immensely more talented than the 11 on the other side of the ball 90% of the time, you basically just need to not fuck it up.

Same could be said for Stetson Bennett.

The talent level evens out in a hurry once you reach the NFL.

That was an incredible team. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-11 13:36:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Incredible *
by SWPaDem  (2024-03-13 07:35:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think being from Bama and Belichek’s relationship w/Saban
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-10 19:12:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

got him drafted in Rd 1. Just my 2 cents.