Former Penn St President convicted
by Moff (2017-03-24 22:12:08)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Cartier Field ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Other two testified

Is he the one with the really bizarre topic for his PhD?
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-03-26 21:37:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bizarre may be putting it nicely.

They need to do what the Romans did to
by FtWorthIrish  (2017-03-26 01:22:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Carthage and salt the earth around the place.

Throw JoePa's statue into Spring Creek? *
by thecontrarian (click here to email the poster)  (2017-03-30 15:16:40)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The place is a disgrace to the planet and should be nuked.
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-03-25 20:40:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm proud my dad taught me to hate the fuckers from the time I was born.

Sideline: state prosecutor Laura Ditka, niece of Mike Ditka *
by Irish72  (2017-03-25 13:32:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

per Beano Cook, Ditka was set to go to Penn St but changed
by olson  (2017-03-25 14:53:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

his mind in August & signed with Pitt instead & enrolled less than a month later

Also per Beano, he claimed that then PS assistant coach Joe Paterno told him that losing Ditka was the toughest recruiting loss that he ever suffered

EDIT: Terry Brennan & Notre Dame finished 3rd in Ditka's recruitment(1957)

Ditka played against the Irish 3 times-with Pitt winning all 3 games

Ditka's decision spared him from playing for Joe Kuharich
by RocketShark  (2017-03-25 15:22:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

until a two-year stint at Philadelphia ten years later, including that infamous 1968 season.

Ditka vs Notre Dame
by olson  (2017-03-25 16:37:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Beano Cook running...
by Kayo  (2017-03-31 15:47:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm having trouble conjuring that image.

Mini Ditka or normal size Ditka? *
by Dignan  (2017-03-25 18:39:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I've seen he was named on Scholastic's All-Opponent
by RocketShark  (2017-03-25 18:14:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Team, but didn't know the details of his bouts against ND. I've read very little of the 1959-1963 Football Reviews.

Meanwhile, Bernard Law will never see a jail cell
by DillonFightSong  (2017-03-25 10:36:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And the man above it all, Pope JPII, was cannonized a saint.

Say what you will about PSU, but at least justice is belatedly being served.

Moron *
by ACross  (2017-03-28 00:42:41)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Another instance of an institution taking precedence over
by omaharic  (2017-03-25 11:49:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the victims of heinous crimes.

Louis Freeh's 2-page statement will leave a mark -- (link)
by VaDblDmr  (2017-03-25 07:22:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That was really, really good *
by IrishLep  (2017-04-03 14:16:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

*slow clap *
by cujays96  (2017-03-27 12:41:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excellent. *
by Cash  (2017-03-26 23:44:48)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Damn! How do you really feel, Mr. Freeh?
by KevinPS  (2017-03-25 22:39:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sad that he had to write it, but glad that he did. Puts asunder the waspish denials of Jay paterno and his ilk. Cowardly scumbags.

The NCAA needs to revisit their reversal. The Big 10 needs to show them the door.

Fuck PSU, its leaders, and the Paterno worshipping pride
by TAR  (2017-03-25 10:10:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

of ostriches that call themselves fans. I hope they all choke on a giant bag of dicks for eternity.

Wow. Probably the best summation of the situation
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-25 08:16:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that could ever be written. In addition to the sordidness most of us already knew, Freeh's jab that Spanier received a $6 million 'golden parachute' upon his dismissal along with currently receiving a $600,000 annual salary is something I did not know and find particularly galling - if only from a chutzpah standpoint - given that I'm a taxpayer to the state of Pennsylvania. And his swipe at Franco Harris without directly saying his name is well-deserved too.

I've said this a few times over the years since the story broke big back in 2011, i.e., rumors of Sandusky being a pervert were swirling around at least as far back as the early 2000s - and I'm certainly no Penn State insider nor do I live anywhere near Happy Valley. That all the pretenders in high and low places there continued to parrot the lie that no one really knew - especially JoePa himself - are pretty much shattered today.

No less than 106,572 fans filling that stadium every game day, and not a one of them knew anything - until today. And half of them still probably don't get it yet.

The day Sandusky resigned when he was guaranteed
by btd  (2017-04-06 13:56:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to be the next head coach of PSU everyone knew something was wrong -- but we didn't know what. It just was impossible at the time to believe he would wake up and instantly decide to resign given facts on the ground at the time.

This two page letter is by far the best ever written on this subject. The 600k salary and a good chunk of the 6 million must have some method of being partially clawed back for being convicted of a felony. They need to begin that process immediately.

I would not allow my daughter to apply to PSU because of this. Until they very overtly admit Joe Paterno needs to rot in hell for what he did and as suggested in the letter the current admin resigns that school ranks lower than whale shit in my world.

More than half don't get it.....PLUS, they still worship
by NDFlyer  (2017-03-27 16:52:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Paterno. "He did what he had to do" is still their mantra.

A misdemeanor conviction won't change their minds
by Doolinbanjos  (2017-03-28 10:01:13)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

In fact, Freeh's victory lap on this minor conviction will just energize them. I already read one piece from a PA newspaper attacking Freeh's letter.

Well said. *
by PWK2  (2017-03-25 08:42:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Dauphin county is like university park lite
by burghdomer  (2017-03-25 02:19:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If a local jury made this conviction, had this trial taken place outside PA, spanier would have never seen the light of day again. Just my opinion.

No doubt. I guess the jurors felt they had to do something,
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-25 08:26:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

given that they had to look in the mirror at themselves every morning for the rest of their lives. At least some measure of justice with regard to those who looked other way was finally achieved.

So it wasn't Joe all along. (He did all he could.)
by SWPaDem  (2017-03-24 23:00:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was Curley, Schultz, and now Spanier.

Is this sarcastic? *
by Ratinatux  (2017-03-28 15:11:35)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.