onward
by thesixthgreatlake (2024-03-13 12:25:48)

No one is confusing Radford for the '27 Yankees, but good to bounce back. That's part of baseball and every good team has bad weekends. Not sure this is a good team but they'll need resilience to play like one.

Let's get one more and go to Tallahassee. Seeing FSU last year, I'm astonished they're 15-0. Seeing Link Jarret's career, I'm not. I don't hate Link for leaving. I hate Free Shoes for stinking and needing him.

ND used 9? pitchers today
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2024-03-13 19:26:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So, I excuse them for struggling with that Radford team. But, ND doesn't get to play in the Big South, so its just another set of wins over a mediocre opponent and doesn't give us much to go on, especially because Radford had to bring in a pitcher they got from their club team last year.

Good to win 2, but all the same concerns remain. At this point there is no starting rotation. That problem alone is daunting, especially on the way to FSU.

Speaking of which, I don't hate LJ for leaving and I don't hate FSU for needing him. I resent ND for not prioritizing baseball, which has been one of their most successful programs going back 40 years.

Plenty of good reasons to hate FSU
by thesixthgreatlake  (2024-03-13 22:24:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I kid. Actually I don’t. 1993 will never go away.

I agree on the rotation. There’s no waiver wire or trade deadline. This appears to be a bottom third picking staff in the ACC. Even if the offense holds up in league, a big if, we’re going nowhere without a massive improvement. It’s so easy to take a guy like Bertrand for granted but chewing up seven innings a week throwing strikes is hard to replicate right now.

I do applaud the team and staff for bouncing back. Everyone loses in baseball, the best teams find a way to get off that train.