Softball recruits Alexis Holloway & Shelby Grimm are champs
by 2Domer (2017-07-28 23:30:09)
Edited on 2017-07-29 09:35:25

Their team won the PGF Under 18 national championship game today against a very good runner up from Southern California (the Corona Angels). Holloway pitched a 2 hit shutout and struck out 5 in the victory. Holloway will join the Irish this year (2017) as a freshman. Grimm joins the Irish a year later (2018) as a power hitting infielder/catcher. It looks like Holloway is the real deal as a pitcher.

Yes, Holloway has convinced me with this championship in
by MPG  (2017-07-31 17:03:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a national tournament. She will be the primary ND starting pitcher next season. Now if the hitting can improve from last season...

Apparently she can hit too!
by 2Domer  (2017-07-31 17:50:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Immediately after pitching in that championship game, that same evening, she played for the East squad in the PGF All Star game in Anaheim, and she was in the starting lineup as the designated player (not as the pitcher). Obviously she was in the lineup for her hitting. I was able to see a portion of it, as it was shown on TV. I watched her get two hits in her first two at bats, before having to leave the TV set. The first hit was sort of a blooper that the shortstop couldn't quite glove, but the second hit was a scorching line drive double over the shortstop's head. This was against the West squad's all star pitcher.