ND's next baseball coach should be...
by NHarmon44 (click here to email the poster) (2017-05-30 22:43:11)

Attention Jack Swarbrick! You should hire 1993 graduate & former baseball letterman, Chris Michalak, as the next baseball coach. I'm sure the program will have to interview a few candidates but this should only be a formality. Chris Michalak is the perfect coach to restore this once proud baseball program because he possesses every trait a college coach should have...especially at his alma mater. He wore the ND uniform, played professionally for 17 seasons (including 4 in the majors), has coaching experience (8 seasons with Washington Nationals), & probably most importantly, Chris is the quintessential WINNER.

In addition, he would be able to guide these young men through the rigors of being a student-athlete, especially at an academically challenging school like Notre Dame. He lived it! Personally, I would like to see Chris Michalak become the next baseball coach because I am proud to call him a former teammate. He is a true grinder...he is Notre Dame. I'm certain Chris will restore the baseball program to the level every former player and alumnus will once again be proud of.

Replies: