I watched two innings today
by garbageplate (2017-04-15 20:25:37)

In reply to: The beat goes on. Good team drubs Irish. 13-7 Wake *  posted by ndgotrobbedin97

In the top of the 5th, we trailed by one run and had runners at the corners with one out. For reasons only known to Aoki, we bunted, and the bunt attempt was popped up to the pitcher.

Mind numbing stupidity.

Aoki has some of the worst baseball sense that I've seen.
by Cbo86  (2017-04-15 21:14:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Top first with 2 on and no out w/ #3 hitter up he calls for sac bunt. Not a situation where it was late in close game or where runs were at a premium. I think he's just guessing out there.

That makes absolutely no sense
by garbageplate  (2017-04-15 23:52:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How can a D-1 baseball coach possibly think that bunting in that situation is the correct strategy?

More importantly, what kind of imbecilic athletic director could hire and retain such a coach for 7 years?

Also shows great faith in your #3 hitter
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-04-15 22:00:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Baffling.