I'm not going to blame the manager for walks
by garbageplate (2017-04-05 13:07:12)

In reply to: How to blow a 3-0 lead against rival - Play aoki ball.  posted by cbo86

In the games I've seen over the years, however, Aoki seems to have an extreme affinity for bunting, which is perhaps a fireable offense per se.

His record, of course, stands for itself. The problem is that Swarbrick would presumably run any search for a replacement.

Point taken. I still think a good staff can teach pitchers
by Cbo86  (2017-04-05 17:28:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To pound the strike zone but in any case this team lacks any mojo and that has to be a coaches' job to motivate these guys. As far as bunting I can recall multiple times even a safety squeeze would have been the difference in a game. His timing on when to use small ball is totally off.

My bet: Aoki's safe. Jack will use the youth excuse
by ndgotrobbedin97  (2017-04-05 14:19:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He doesn't seem to like firing people. Messy, messy stuff.

Oh, and I'm not suggesting he'll publicly comment on Aoki. God no. Why would he be expected to do that? Screw the alumni and fan base, right? He'll probably just use that excuse in the private question/answer sessions with big donors. Seems to be his MO.