Latest iOS update has "predictive battery charging"
by ravenium (2019-11-06 12:53:40)

In reply to: The last iOS update is killing my battery life. My phone is  posted by Nitschke

As in it won't fully charge your phone until it thinks you're close to leaving for the day. Sometimes that ends up being "why the hell is my phone only at 70%, I left it on the charger all night!" because it hasn't figured out your schedule.

This is incredibly stupid
by Allumeuse  (2019-11-06 15:12:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lots of people have unpredictable schedules.

People will have the schedule that Apple gives them. *
by 89Swine  (2019-11-06 15:59:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You can thankfully turn it off, but
by ravenium  (2019-11-07 14:38:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's a sort of method to the madness, in theory. The idea is that if you don't keep your phone perpetually at 100% it will wear the battery less (something about the top 20% of charge). I honestly don't think you'll see much of a difference unless you keep your phone for more than 2 years or go through a lot of charge cycles.