I think of North by Northwest
by BeijingIrish (2019-11-05 10:43:57)

In reply to: For Sprack and other "older" movie buffs.  posted by usmcirish

every time I drive by a cornfield being sprayed by a crop-duster plane. I wonder if they are looking for me.

Every time I drive down US 31 to Cincinnati I look up
by tdiddy07  (2019-11-05 12:12:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to make sure I'm not being attacked by a crop duster.

I do love Hitch's poetic license, too
by sprack  (2019-11-05 11:03:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Especially that he put a forest on the top of Mt. Rushmore and Cary Grant's mother is younger than he is. But that movie is great from start to finish, just about every scene is brilliant - including the very end with its wink at the censors.

Same with The Searchers, where the setting in west Texas is filmed in Ford's real favorite place, Monument Valley, hundreds of miles away. But it's worth it because the photography is knock-your-socks-off stunning.

Fun fact about Hitchcock for people who have been to
by dwjm3  (2019-11-05 11:23:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Switzerland/are interested in Europe. He was inspired to write the movie the Birds while staying at the Badrutt's Palace hotel in St. Moritz. The legend has it a flock of Crows flew at his balcony while staying at the hotel.

I've never viewed a jungle gym in the same way again *
by sprack  (2019-11-05 12:06:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Birds is a Daphne du Maurier story *
by rutfilthygers  (2019-11-05 11:53:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post